Honestly: Have you ever cried when you had to get off the ship for the last time?

Have you ever had a tear roll down your cheek, or bawled like a baby when you had a wonderful time and then your cruise was just *over*.

Or, maybe you cried because of your final bill? :eek:

I cried on the last sailing of Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston. My hubby and I sailed her last roundtrip before they relocated her. We now get to sail Voyager out of Galveston.

We were on Liberty of the Seas last year and when it was time to say goodbye to our waiter and assis waiter (Cats from Romania and Christina from Jamaica) my kids aged 3 and 5 sobbed. My son wouldn't even leave the dining room until he said goodbye "one more time". Broke my heart. We are leaving in 4 weeks on Adventure of the Seas so expect it may be the same this time.

...We enjoyed the Galveston/Rhapsody of the Seas run ourselves; great cruise.

The longest cruise we ever took was a 12 niter on the beautiful Jewel OTS; and Beth and

I are in the "I'm ready to do it for ANOTHER 12 days" camp; we are not like many "well it was fun but it's time for home now"..

We could literally live on a cruiseship. If we were of the means, we would be on the

ResidenSea.

So, yea...we hate to leave, but that's why we start planning another soon.

Mitch

DS and I were talking last night about the worse part of a cruise. The last night when you know reality bites the next day:eek: Our cruise this June will be different since we will be saying in Los Angeles, visiting family, for a whole week after our sailing:D

This post reminded me of the first cruise I took my son on.. 6 years old kicking and screaming as he did not want to get on the boat... 7 days later he asked if we could stay another week...

I don;t cry when getting off the ship.. like others I just appreciate the time I had and start planning the next.. perk of living within driving distance to 5 ports... got off a ship 5 weeks ago and looking forward to getting on another in 16 days....

Rick

I don't recall crying but at the end of each cruise I do feel emotional because my wife and I are stepping out of a magical world and back into the real world for a while. After 40 years of marriage we still experience on a cruise the joy and wonderment of a honeymoon. Being totally in love with a fantastic woman is awesome!!!

Actually, after almost 25 years, our cruises now are way better than our honeymoon. :D

...We enjoyed the Galveston/Rhapsody of the Seas run ourselves; great cruise.

The longest cruise we ever took was a 12 niter on the beautiful Jewel OTS; and Beth and

I are in the "I'm ready to do it for ANOTHER 12 days" camp; we are not like many "well it was fun but it's time for home now"..

We could literally live on a cruiseship. If we were of the means, we would be on the

ResidenSea.

So, yea...we hate to leave, but that's why we start planning another soon.

Mitch

I have to agree, living on a cruise ship would be quite the life! We spent 46 days a year ago on the Mariner and would have been very happy to have stayed longer.

Sherri:)

Yes, I have gotten choked up before. Especially when I first wake up in the AM and step out on my balcony and see that we are back at the home port. Mostly because it makes my son sad - he meets so many people and makes his rounds at breakfast in the AM saying goodbye - breaks my heart every time! However, I wouldn't trade it! I would rather be cruising! I do look forward to coming home to my 5 dogs though!

I think I would cry less if they didn't START the departure process on day 3 of the cruise!!! :eek:

They start reminding you that it is time to get off on day 3 when they give you that little survey that asks how and when you are leaving the port city on the day of departure.

We are barely on the ship and they are reminding us that we are leaving! :eek:

I completely agree 100%!!

I always tear up when I say my final goodbyes to our wait staff. They care so much about you, for just meeting you a week ago and leaving them is like saying goodbye to old friends.

I too also think about the cruise non-stop the next month when I get home. And thinking "when's our next meal" at home remembering I actually have to cook the meal makes me sad too.

After we get home I am always on the hunt for another cruise! Just love cruising!!

Have you ever had a tear roll down your cheek, or bawled like a baby when you had a wonderful time and then your cruise was just *over*.

Or, maybe you cried because of your final bill? :eek:

I cried after my very first cruise, but every cruise after that one, I feel as though I'm leaving a good friend. I feel sad :-(, but I also feel happy to be going back home. When I'm on the bus going back to the airport, I continue to look at the ship until she is out of sight, and remember how much fun I had.

Then I get home and start preparing for my next one:D

When we approach the port for our cruise, I always feel sorry for the passengers leaving after their week aboard. Yuk...facing airports and road trips home after a fun week.

And, the last night of our cruise and, usually in the midst of packing, I think about all the excited people gathering at the port for the next cruise...how happy they are feeling and doing all the fun precruise stuff.

I am never devastated to leave the ship but just a little sad. The feeling permeates the ship on the last morning...you could cut it with a knife.

Deb

Yes....I cry every time!!!!! We have the most amazing times with our 2 kids when we are on a cruise and I feel so blessed to be able to take such an amazing vacation. I just want it to last forever!!! The only reason I am able to get off of the ship is because of my 2 wonderful doggies who are waiting for me at home. I am simply not right again until I get them from the kennel and come home and look at my cruise pictures. THEN I plan my next one!! LOL

I confess to having tears in my eyes as we pulled back into Fort Lauderdale last February as we ended our 8 day Indy cruise. We had cabin 1700 and I loved that balcony. We'd had a lot of rain and on the rainy days, I'd snuggled up in the back corners and read. On the sunny days, well, I enjoyed the sun. Anyway, pulling in to port when it was stil dark and seeing the lights on shore, well, I just didn't want to leave.

I have to agree, living on a cruise ship would be quite the life! We spent 46 days a year ago on the Mariner and would have been very happy to have stayed longer.

Sherri.

Now we are jealous. 46 days? Was this a back to back to back? Do you have a review posted somewhere? One more question..where in Hoosierland do you reside> Before moving to Nebraska lived in Vincennes, Ind for most of the 80's.

Mitch

Only after the first one, because I erroneously thought it would be a once in a lifetime experience :rolleyes:

That was 12 years and 18 cruises ago.

I find what helps is to have a future cruise either planned or booked. Stay an extra day if you have flown to port, it lessens the post cruise impact a bit.

Once you get home, unpack and do laundry and reorganise the minute you walk in the door, then you don't feel so guilty for going out to dinner that night, you've been too busy to cook. Plus, all the reminders that you have returned home aren't staring you in the face the next day. You then just have the nice cruise moments to think of.

I feel sad but know it is inevitable.

Facing an 8 hr drive home or hours of wait in a Fl airport then a 5 hr flight...that is the worst.

I envy those that live close to cruise ports.

Once I get home and in my home I am ok. I unpack, do wash, and have everything back to normal within several hrs.

I leave my house clean so I return to a clean house. That helps a lot.

Then DH and I go out to eat, sit and relax, and talk about the cruise.

We are so thankful we have been able to cruise and appreciate the memories that live on with us.

Laura

Sherri.

Now we are jealous. 46 days? Was this a back to back to back? Do you have a review posted somewhere? One more question..where in Hoosierland do you reside> Before moving to Nebraska lived in Vincennes, Ind for most of the 80's.

Mitch

The 46 days was a B2B2B on the Mariner as she repositioned from Florida to LA. Fantastic experience, we were pretty proud of ourselves but met another passenger who had done a 106 day cruise the year before. Made our 46 days look somewhat puny! No review, I didn't start reading CC until after we got home and then it took months of lurking before I got up enough courage to post.

We live on the southside of Indianapolis (Go Colts!). It's funny, we lived in Nebraska for 2 years in the mid 80's before moving back to Indy.

Well I have to admit to having tears in my eyes and still do after 12 cruises

It doesn't last long, once we are in the car and heading home I feel better - its more of a melancholy feeling than anything - My worst time is packing up the day before - now that makes me irritable and a little nasty - so my hubby says - so he stays out of my way while I pack to leave - he gets to put the luggage out at 11:00 - once thats done the grumpiness goes away

Of course a glass of wine or two doesn't hurt during the process - lol

:)

....QUOTE]

Yes, for me it was the Mandalay (Windjammer). When I ever hear bagpipes playing Amazing Grace I still get a little misty. I am sorry that Windjammer died but the memory will stay with me until I am gone.

Archived