San Juan airport departures

ozark74

Anyone back from the Summit that can tell me how the lines have been at American Airlines ticket counter?

Our flight was changed from 1150 to 1030 and am a little concerned.

Thanks

US Air just changed our flight time but we are still OK. Based on everything I've read/seen I would expect that 10:30 it too early. I'd contact American to have them move you to a later flight to be sure.

We flew out of San Juan on Saturday, but we were on Delta.

We used Luggage Valet and were to be called at 8:40 for our colour but it was called probably at 8:15 (they didn't holler very loudly). The line to go through Customs was very long, but it only took about 15 minutes to get through. We were in a taxi at 9:00 am and at the airport at about 9:20. There was really no lineup at Delta, and since we had done Valet there was no need to check in there anywyas.

The lineup at Security took about 10 minutes. We really dawdled because we had plenty of time, but were sitting back by the gate at about 10:15 am.

Judging by our experience, I'd say there's a good chance of making it --- but be sure to get off the ship early (try for a 7:30 am departure tag), and take a taxi.

Good luck!

We just got off Summit on the 23rd and disembarked about 8:15 from the Elite lounge (Normandie)...line for customs was especially long but we got out to a cab in about 15 min....got to the airport (we flew Continental) and were checked in, got thru security by about 9:30 max...our flight wasn't until 1:25! American tends to be quite a bit busier but if everything goes right upon the disembarkation end, you should be fine. You never know when the disembarkation is delayed by customs or when the airport security check is backed up but overall, I think you should be fine. Just be sure to get off the ship ASAP even it you have to take your luggage off with you. Have a great cruise!:)

Archived