EWWW Moments

AZ TRAVEL

Alright, it's early in the morning and it appears that I can't help myself from expelling my two cents. As a health care provider, I find obesity in no way funny- I find it tragic and heartbreaking and I see both the emotional and physical pains that accompany it. However, that being said, I also think that dressing appropriately for your body structure and size is not unreasonable. I'm a reasonably petite girl with a very large behind- just telling it how it is- which it why I can get away with an XS top... but not an XS bottom. It simply doesn't fit. In fact, anything smaller than a M on the bottom just looks silly (and keeping it from appearing as a thong is simply impossible). In the same way, and XL top would look like a swimming pool on me- it just doesn't fit. Regardless of your body type, dressing to fit makes you look the best you can with whatever body you have- and is appealing to observers as well. No one is making fun of these people because they are obese- they are making fun of them because they can't dress themselves. And that, my friend, is funny no matter your size. ;)

Thats what I was saying in post 39 of this thread.:D

That is also why "People watching" was an advertised activity on CCL.Kathy Lee even did it on a video and was laughing at someone

Steve

Alright, it's early in the morning and it appears that I can't help myself from expelling my two cents. As a health care provider, I find obesity in no way funny- I find it tragic and heartbreaking and I see both the emotional and physical pains that accompany it. However, that being said, I also think that dressing appropriately for your body structure and size is not unreasonable. I'm a reasonably petite girl with a very large behind- just telling it how it is- which it why I can get away with an XS top... but not an XS bottom. It simply doesn't fit. In fact, anything smaller than a M on the bottom just looks silly (and keeping it from appearing as a thong is simply impossible). In the same way, and XL top would look like a swimming pool on me- it just doesn't fit. Regardless of your body type, dressing to fit makes you look the best you can with whatever body you have- and is appealing to observers as well. No one is making fun of these people because they are obese- they are making fun of them because they can't dress themselves. And that, my friend, is funny no matter your size. ;)

As a health care provider if you found that funny shame on you.

Wow, this just proves why I should go to the pool in my flannel pajamas...or maybe they should ban me from the pool, bc even I know that my size 16 in a bathing suit, no matter how hard I try, is not completly flattering......Did you ever happen to think how hard it may be to find clothes at a plus size? At my heaviest, not many "designers" make a size 24.....

Wow, this just proves why I should go to the pool in my flannel pajamas...or maybe they should ban me from the pool, bc even I know that my size 16 in a bathing suit, no matter how hard I try, is not completly flattering......Did you ever happen to think how hard it may be to find clothes at a plus size? At my heaviest, not many "designers" make a size 24.....

In my opinion, it's not about "fashion;" it's about "function." I've seen my fair share of BEAUTIFUL guys and gals that are easily your size, and I do think that swimsuits exist that show off your curves while leaving a little to the imagination (which should be the case no matter what your size). I absolutely don't mean to offend anyone and have nothing against people of any size. Did I mention that my bf wears an XXL, and not because of height. I think he's gorgeous- and he dresses smart and sharp- something even more attractive. Size doesn't matter- in the end its really all about brains- and dressing yourself involves brains. Not money or anorexia. This will be my last comment on the subject, as I have nothing else to say. Except... If you wore your pjs in the pool, I WOULD laugh at you. As I hope you would do so for me. ;)

Who has ever witnessed someone either board or on a excersion do something that just made you think EWWWW?

We were on the Glory Feb/09 and there was an older gentleman, always by himself. Everytime an attractive woman walked by him he would lick his fingers and rub his nipple. He was one of those people that was always there no matter where we were on the ship. My wife and I found ourselves watching him and calling the women he would do it for. It was gross but very entertaining!

The Woman's restrooms at Coki Beach. I walked in and gagged right away. It was at that time that I decided to hold it until I got back to the ship.:o

That is one reason that I never need to go back to Coki Beach. Disgusting!

I know one older woman was desperate and went in one of the changing stalls - on the floor:eek:.

Just off cruise yesterday...dinner companion from hell.

First day he announces that he is a Travel Agent and passes his business cards around the table. Then he orders a bottle of wine, shouting at our other companions to also order one, exclaiming "they are free". So I explain otherwise and he cancels his order and demands of the waiter "what drinks are free?". This guy is a travel agent?

On the Lido Deck we see this guy getting off the elevator and demanding of the crew member "Where's the food"? Not kidding. OMG

First night of cruise guy orders the pasta dish and proceeds to pull our his bottle of chili power and dump it all over the dish. Then he complains and won't eat the pasta because it isn't spaghetti. (Waiters brings something else).

Last night guy orders two scoops of mashed potato and gravy. When he finishes, he orders two baked potatoes. A large serving bowl of salad was on the table and he pretty much finished it, then throughout the meal tossed everything into this bowl (butter, wrappers, used plates, etc).

This was a large guy, with an equally large mouth, sporting the dinner napkin tucked into his collar.

Eeeewwww....

We had some very pleasant dinner companions, too, and some day we will laugh about his contribution to the experience.

• 1 year later...
Who has ever witnessed someone either board or on a excersion do something that just made you think EWWWW?

Back in Dec. 2008 our family went on the Glory as our christmas gift to each other. We were sitting on the Promenade deck waiting for our dinner time. All of a sudden we smelled this terrible smell. I thought my son had expelled gas. Turns out this old man had pooped in his pants and it was coming out his pant leg as he walked across the deck! An employee immediately grabbed a chair and put it over what he left behind until maintenance came and removed it! EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!! :eek:

Back in Dec. 2008 our family went on the Glory as our christmas gift to each other. We were sitting on the Promenade deck waiting for our dinner time. All of a sudden we smelled this terrible smell. I thought my son had expelled gas. Turns out this old man had pooped in his pants and it was coming out his pant leg as he walked across the deck! An employee immediately grabbed a chair and put it over what he left behind until maintenance came and removed it! EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!! :eek:

I feel for the old man as he may have had Colitis or Crohn's for this to happen.. having lived with a family member that had incontienence i hope that people show sympathy vs disdain.

Tons. It's the reason I don't eat at buffets (anywhere not just on the ship).

The grossest thing I ever saw- and it makes me heave just thinking about it- was a mid-teens boy stick his hands down the back of his pants and dig around ferociously. I mean he was gettin it- under his underwear and all! Then, he took his hand out of his pants smelled it, shrugged his shoulders and stuck his hand in his mouth and started to lick his fingers. It was in the buffet.

I thought maybe he was mentally ill but he was ALONE all the time. I never saw him with anyone else and he was all over the ship.

My niece decided to take one of the dance lessons during one of our days at sea last year. Well, while I was trying to capture her having fun, I caught this gem of picture. Get a load of the guy in the orange shorts!

34693_412246623628_725498628_4437908_4489763_n.jpg.f357d71d6b5096bd88b4eaebd8078ece.jpg

I was on a P&O cruise some years ago (LOATHE P&O), and one afternoon, struggling to find a sunbed, we resorted to the "squeeze" scenario, where one bed is almost attached to the next.

I fell asleep, then awoke as the very large gross man laying next to me was snoring very loudly, opened my eyes, only to be faced with his meat and two veg hanging out of the side of his shorts.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww uk!!!!!

the memory still haunts me:eek:

This is the first time I've said this (haha).... but I'm GLAD I work at a group home for mentally ill adults.... NOTHING I have seen on a cruise ship can beat what I've seen at work! :eek:

Ditto- I used to work at a group home and a locked psychiatric inpatient ward. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can phase me now! Though I have seen some pretty gross things on cruises, and it is fun to read about them!

I was on a P&O cruise some years ago (LOATHE P&O), and one afternoon, struggling to find a sunbed, we resorted to the "squeeze" scenario, where one bed is almost attached to the next.

I fell asleep, then awoke as the very large gross man laying next to me was snoring very loudly, opened my eyes, only to be faced with his meat and two veg hanging out of the side of his shorts.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww uk!!!!!

the memory still haunts me:eek:

OMG OMG OMG:eek::eek::eek:

I only wish those people would have had to endure microbiology and swab the doorhandles and toilet flushes in the bathrooms.........ick, they would WASH

Carole

That is why I wash my hands very well and then DO NOT TOUCH any doorknobs. If I have to open a bathroom door by pulling it, I will use a paper towel or my own shirt to keep from touching it. I avoid hand rails and immediately wash my hands or use hand sanitizer after going down stairs.

I've gotten a lots less colds since I started doing that.

Tons. It's the reason I don't eat at buffets (anywhere not just on the ship).

The grossest thing I ever saw- and it makes me heave just thinking about it- was a mid-teens boy stick his hands down the back of his pants and dig around ferociously. I mean he was gettin it- under his underwear and all! Then, he took his hand out of his pants smelled it, shrugged his shoulders and stuck his hand in his mouth and started to lick his fingers. It was in the buffet.

I thought maybe he was mentally ill but he was ALONE all the time. I never saw him with anyone else and he was all over the ship.

Just think, it must have been quite a nice vacation from working at Pizza Hut for him.

As someone said earlier, after reading some of the above, mine is not as EWWW as I originally thought. Fascination 10/08... We had seen an older teen for the first couple of days of the cruise and he was always alone, strange how most of the people described here are alone, and one evening I went up on the sports deck and there he was... urinating into one of the holes on the mini golf course. Needless to say, we did not hit any balls into that hole for the duration of the trip.

Excuses, excuses. Typical golfer. ;)

EWWWWWW...I mean, ya know that this stuff is around and all, and hey, I'm glad they had fun, but to SEE it there left by someone else?!?! Good thing we had lysol :)

Maybe that was an added "tip" for the cabin steward for the great work they had performed during the cruise.

"See sometimes the stewards don't want the tip either."

Sounds more like the steward got the shaft.

Just off cruise yesterday...dinner companion from hell.

First day he announces that he is a Travel Agent and passes his business cards around the table. Then he orders a bottle of wine, shouting at our other companions to also order one, exclaiming "they are free". So I explain otherwise and he cancels his order and demands of the waiter "what drinks are free?". This guy is a travel agent?

The name of the outfit escapes me, but I bet it's this MLM I've seen. Usually the people are in some line of business where they come into contact with a lot of people and sign up for that and just pass out those cards with their customized travel web site address hoping to pick up some extra money. They have never worked at an actual travel agency.

[quote name=' Aquarias - We refer to the Cozumel Ferry as the 'ferry of death'.

GlendaleCruiser;]Been there' date=' done that. Not going back:eek:[/quote']

You and me both! I actually ordered my husband to rent a car so that we could drive back to Texas, and was willing to leave all of my belongings on the ship, when we finally made it to the other side. LOL!

When we were on a cruise with friends, they called us over after we boarded and were unpacking to show us one of the drawers in their cabin that had been forgotten about by the previous residents (and apparently the cabin steward, as well).

Along with sexy ladies underwear, there was a big purple adult toy lying in the drawer.

EWWWWWW...I mean, ya know that this stuff is around and all, and hey, I'm glad they had fun, but to SEE it there left by someone else?!?! Good thing we had lysol :)

Seems to be a popular item left around hotel rooms:D

reminds me of a time, MANY MANY years ago, before the days of "ann summer parties" etc, when said items were totally hidden in the closet so to speak. I worked in a big city centre hotel, my office next to the chief housekeepers. She came by one day, arm outstreched, rubber gloves on, with a large rubber pink **** in hand, after we yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuukd for a while, the naughty side stepped in...:rolleyes: hmmmmmm.... what could we do with this for a laugh..

Right away of course, in it went to a bucket of bleach..whilst we planned..

BIG hotel.BIG staff christmas party for the girls night out..

SECRET SANTA BOX :D

To this day, only she and i ever knew the truth behind the shock on a certain lady's face who didnt get sweet soaps, or juicy talcums, nah..Santa brought her a very different toy indeed:D:D:

On Freedom, they had to drain and scrub the pool by the water slide due to something "floating" in it. (think Caddyshack and the baby ruth scene) It was definitely gross - we stayed out of that pool the rest of the cruise!

Archived