How does Carnival know you are a past guest?

MaiTaiMary

We sailed on Carnival 10 years ago. When we called to book our cruise last year, they had a very hard time finding past guest info for us. I think they eventually did, but I'm not sure. Turns out there wasn't any kind of "past guest discount" so in the long run it didn't really matter.

I really want to be able to go to the past guest party. Is this information already in their system before we board? I know in the past they invited you based on the forms you filled out and one of the questions was "are you a past Carnival guest?" I would imagine things are a lot more sophisticated now. :D

Anybody know how it works now?

On your sail and sign there is a guest number. Add that number to your cruiser profile at Carnival.com You can check your past history and if there are cruises missing submit info to get them added as well. If you get issued a blue S7S card, you are not being counted as a past guest.

There systems are pretty good back to 1994...but up to about 1999 they were using an older system so sometimes it gets a bit vague.

Each guest is giving a number and that number will be applied to your booking before the cruise begins and you will be giving a differ color sail and sign card(gold)...your number will also appear there.

On your sail and sign there is a guest number. Add that number to your cruiser profile at Carnival.com You can check your past history and if there are cruises missing submit info to get them added as well. If you get issued a blue S7S card, you are not being counted as a past guest.

Thanks but I'm not really understanding what you're saying. :o

On my "sail and sign"? Isn't that the card I get when I board the ship? You mean the one from my cruise 10 years ago or from my upcoming cruise?

How do I check my past history online? :confused: All I've done is make my payments. (I guess I need to figure out how to print out my documents soon, huh? LOL)

There systems are pretty good back to 1994...but up to about 1999 they were using an older system so sometimes it gets a bit vague.

Each guest is giving a number and that number will be applied to your booking before the cruise begins and you will be giving a differ color sail and sign card(gold)...your number will also appear there.

We sailed May 2000.

OK, so how do I find out before they give me my card if they have me in the system as a past guest?

okay. I thought you went on one recently and then 10 years ago.

Call Carnival and have them look it up. They can by name and birth date. When they tell it to you write it down and add it to your online profile. Once you've added the number, you can see your cruises associated with that number. If you know what ship, date, booking number (i know, fat chance) it helps them.

We had a heck of a time getting my husbands for his 2001 cruise last year!

Call Carnival and have them look it up. They can by name and birth date. When they tell it to you write it down and add it to your online profile. Once you've added the number, you can see your cruises associated with that number. If you know what ship, date, booking number (i know, fat chance) it helps them.

We had a heck of a time getting my husbands for his 2001 cruise last year!

yeah, I don't think they were every able to find it. Actually I DO still have my Sail & Sign card from 10 years ago. :D (I'm lookin' right at it and don't see anything about a "past guest #".) I gave them info off of it, but it still didn't help.

Our cruise fare didn't changed based on being a past guest, so at the time I think we just let it go since it didn't matter.

But I

A. want to go to the past guest party

and

B. am planning on cruising much more frequently now and want that counted towards being Platinum! :D

I wanted to be able to take advantage of any discounts that Carnival might offer, but haven't cruised on Carnival since 1990. I contacted Carnival and this is what they said...

Carnival only started issuing past guest numbers in 1994. Guests prior to that won't show up in their database. They will be happy to enter you into the system manually and issue your past guest number.

You must provide one of the following

• Payment receipt (credit card statement;invoice, confirmation
  • Boarding Pass
  • Cruise documents
  • Sail and Sign card with your name
  • Sail and Sign statement
  • Embarkation Photo with ship and sailing date and current photo id.

Luckily I buy those embarkation photos. The one from 1983 had the date on it, but not the cruise from 1990. Of course I don't have the old invoices, but I do have my Carnival Capers.

You can mail or fax the documents to them.

I wanted to be able to take advantage of any discounts that Carnival might offer, but haven't cruised on Carnival since 1990. I contacted Carnival and this is what they said...

Carnival only started issuing past guest numbers in 1994. Guests prior to that won't show up in their database. They will be happy to enter you into the system manually and issue your past guest number.

• Boarding Pass
  • Cruise documents

Luckily I buy those embarkation photos. The one from 1983 had the date on it, but not the cruise from 1990. Of course I don't have the old invoices, but I do have my Carnival Capers.

I called to follow up - within two weeks they had assigned a number and added it to my booking without me asking.

• Boarding Pass
  • Cruise documents

Oh, that's great! Thanks! I have my SS card and Embarkation photo!

So do I have to call or is there a way to look at my reservation online and see if I have a "past guest number"?

I just checked my profile on line for my next booking and it didn't include my past guest number. Although when I called Carnival, they did show it and read it off to me. In your profile you can request your pg#.

If it were me, I'd call. If you have cruises prior to 1994, they may request what I showed above to be faxed. Especially if you are on your way to Platinum.

So do I have to call or is there a way to look at my reservation online and see if I have a "past guest number"?

When you sign in online click on your name. It says: Hi, MaiTaiMary.

Once you click your name it will say

Hell MaiTaiMary.

Past Guest Number: 12446414 in a red bar.

When you sign in online click on your name. It says: Hi, MaiTaiMary.

Once you click your name it will say

Hell MaiTaiMary.

Past Guest Number: 12446414 in a red bar.

Mine didn't show the number, but there is a box to request it being added. Assuming you have one, it was added a few minutes later. I also called Carnival to confirm....

We sailed on Carnival 10 years ago. When we called to book our cruise last year, they had a very hard time finding past guest info for us. I think they eventually did, but I'm not sure. Turns out there wasn't any kind of "past guest discount" so in the long run it didn't really matter.

I really want to be able to go to the past guest party. Is this information already in their system before we board? I know in the past they invited you based on the forms you filled out and one of the questions was "are you a past Carnival guest?" I would imagine things are a lot more sophisticated now. :D

Anybody know how it works now?

In your Profile, you should have a Past Guest Number associated with your name.

If you don't, you need to call Carnival and get one assigned; if they can't find their own record of a previous cruise, you'll have to provide some proof of having sailed, and they'll assign you a Past Guest number.

If you don't have a Past Guest number by sailaway, it's unlikely that you'll be invited to the Past Guest Party.

ken

Thanks but I'm not really understanding what you're saying. :o

On my "sail and sign"? Isn't that the card I get when I board the ship? You mean the one from my cruise 10 years ago or from my upcoming cruise?

How do I check my past history online? :confused: All I've done is make my payments. (I guess I need to figure out how to print out my documents soon, huh? LOL)

LOG in on Carnival's site and click on your profile. It should show there. Copy the PG # shown there.

If you have a different address or email address than you had for the last cruise, they may not be able to find it quickly. Sail & Sign cards for first cruises don't have a past guest number on them, all subsequent ones will. EM

so where do you find your past cruise,s under your profile i cant find my past cruise,s help

Go to Carnival.com. Click on My Cruise at the top of the page. It will bring up the sign-in page. Log in. Next page will have boxes in upper left. Hello, XXXX

Past Guest #

Below that are several choices, including cruise history. Click that, and it will show the cruises they have on record that you have taken.

EM

When I booked my cruise last year, my PVP had trouble finding my past guest #. The only time I had sailed before last February was in 2003 with my now ex-hubby. I didn't have any information from that cruise but I remembered the dates and ship so I gave my PVP all my info and my ex's info. They found it in about a week under my ex husband's name. So now I have my PG# and credit for that cruise.

Archived