Fantasy or Facsination?

GrammyJill

Well as a group I think we have narrowed down a search of thousands of options it seems down to two. I know both ships are in the Fantasy class but I know there are some of you that have traveled on both. Can you give me your opinions if you had to choose which one you would choose & why?

The cruises are Fantasy out of Charleston on June 11th to Nassau & Freeport or the Fascination out of Jacksonville to Key West & Nassau.

For this cruise it will be a mixed group of us about 1/2 of which will be young 20 somethings. We will be getting the younger crowd interiors & the adults can do ocean view or balconies (not on Fantasy).

Thanks in advance for your wealth of knowledge!

Since the Fascination is getting an upgrade to match the Fantasy, I think the actual ship experience will be a watch.

I think it comes down to what are you thinking of doing in Freeport or Key West

Between the two I like Key West better, but Freeport has its points if all you want to do is hit a beach.

The cruises are Fantasy out of Charleston on June 11th to Nassau & Freeport or the Fascination out of Jacksonville to Key West & Nassau.

Better check your dates and itineraries again.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Search2/default.aspx?embkCode=JAX%2CCHS&dat=062010&pageSize=10&pageNumber=2&sort=FromPrice&Senior=N&PastGuest=N

KW and Nassau on Fascination are June 7 and 21.

June 12 on Fascination goes to Half Moon Cay and Nassau. This is the one I would pick.

Yes the one out of Jacksonville is on the 7th. Sorry forgot that information!

Both of these ports are drivable for us. That is part of our rationale this trip, no flights.

Charleston has a draw for me as well. I have never been there & have heard wonderful things about the beauty of the town.

Thanks for the thought about the ports. I always think of the ship as the vacation & am happy just to hang out while in port. We have done Cozumel twice & wanted to make sure we didn't go back there this time.

Yes the one out of Jacksonville is on the 7th. Sorry forgot that information!

Both of these ports are drivable for us. That is part of our rationale this trip, no flights.

Charleston has a draw for me as well. I have never been there & have heard wonderful things about the beauty of the town.

Thanks for the thought about the ports. I always think of the ship as the vacation & am happy just to hang out while in port. We have done Cozumel twice & wanted to make sure we didn't go back there this time.

I grew up near Charleston and it is a FABULOUS city full of the nicest people you'll ever meet and spectacular food! I've never sailed on the Fantasy. We sailed the Fascination for the New Year's Eve cruise 09 (KW & Nassau) and booked another one on the 11th of Feb. Personally, it would be my first choice b/c of the refurbs and itenerary.

Archived