Formal Nights on Princess Caribbean Cruises

Navy60

Do people dress formally on Princess caribbean cruises on formal nights? I do not own any suits so I will do the tux rental if necessary. Would a tux be over the top for this cruise or ok? Sailed on Princess to Mex. Riviera and there were plenty of tuxedos (mine included).

Do people dress formally on Princess caribbean cruises on formal nights? I do not own any suits so I will do the tux rental if necessary. Would a tux be over the top for this cruise or ok? Sailed on Princess to Mex. Riviera and there were plenty of tuxedos (mine included).

You will see a few men in tux, good number in suits, some in sport coats/blazers and quite a few with only pants and dress shirt. Most wear ties but many do not. I have seen military uniforms, kilts, western wear and national costumes. You do not need a tux unless you want to be among the few that wear them. You can wear a sport coat/blazer, pants and dress shirt with or without a tie and be very comfortable. The vast majority go back to their stateroom after dinner and change or stay in the stateroom for the night. You will not see many after dinner in formal wear about the ship particularly in the hot tub! :D

My experince on Princess is that a very large number of men wear tuxes. And why not? A man will never look better than when he's in a tux. Your wife will feel she's on the arm of Cary Grant or Sean Connery and that has to bode well for you. :)

My opinion of the moment...

Black Jacket, Black Pants, Black Shirt, Black Tie,

Black Shoes.

This is the Tom Jones look. Saw many like this.

Probably $150 total from Walmart. There

are no "Tux Police" so it was fine, better

than a t-shirt!

Hard for me to figure why...but I know guys

who say they will never go on a ****** cruise

because they have to buy a ****** suit

and they're not wearing a *****suit for any *****body!

Tux if you want...but not needed nowadays from what

I saw. :cool:

You will see a few men in tux, good number in suits, some in sport coats/blazers and quite a few with only pants and dress shirt. :D

Not my experience. Lots of men sporting tuxes. If you can afford it and want to rent a tux, why not? My DH will be bringing his on our cruise in April.

If its not your style, then other styles with jackets as recommended by others are OK.

If you want to skip the whole formal thing, then you can do the buffet. I've done this on an Alaskan Cruise. Didn't want to pack formal wear on that cruise. It was 7 days so I didn't see the need to pack an outfit for one evening.

Archived