Emerald Princess Sanctuary ?

friedshrimp

Close to the Sanctuary there are both but they are not limited to Sanctuary members only. No children allowed.

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought The Sanctuary was just a part of the ship where children aren't allowed (i.e. quieter). Are you saying a "membership" is required to enter The Sanctuary??

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought The Sanctuary was just a part of the ship where children aren't allowed (i.e. quieter). Are you saying a "membership" is required to enter The Sanctuary??

There is a fee to use the Sanctuary. You can either reserve it by the morning, afternoon, day, or week. The pool is very close by and it is an adults only pool. There are a few threads floating about that discuss this in much more detail. Just thought I would hit the high spots :D

We were on the Emerald Princess for 10 days in April, 2009. We read that to book The Sanctuary for the length of the cruise you had to do it upon arrival on the first day -- after that, you could only book it for a day or half day, if available. We took this to meant that if it sold out on the first day, no seats could be rented for shorter periods. It cost $150 per person ($300 for us) and it was worth every penny. Not only was it just adults, but there was a quietness about it. Passengers "got it" -- as a child-free zone, it meant that those who were there were appreciative of a more sedate atmosphere. There is the Lotus pool about half a deck down, off the spa, that has a swim-against-the-current feature. I strongly recommend using this area (service is wonderful and charming, too). But book upon boarding, and enjoy!

The pool is not exclusive to Sanctuary users. It is the Spa Pool which is also the Swim Against The Current Pool, one deck below the Sanctuary. Children are not allowed in the Sanctuary, but they can use the Spa Pool. Membership is not required to use the Sanctuary.

We read that to book The Sanctuary for the length of the cruise you had to do it upon arrival on the first day -- after that, you could only book it for a day or half day, if available. We took this to meant that if it sold out on the first day, no seats could be rented for shorter periods.

They do not sell more than about 50% of the seats for the week so that there will be some to reserve each day and half day. However, demand on a nice sea day may be much higher than the supply can handle.

The area (not in the actual Sanctuary) nearby the pool & spa is also quieter than any of the other pools. Of course it's not as comfortable as the Sanctuary & you'll have to get your own drinks but there's no charge, no kids, no blaring music & no shade.

Perfect! Thank you Happy Cruiser. And thanks to everyone else for your answers. I had no idea.

The pool is not exclusive to Sanctuary users. It is the Spa Pool which is also the Swim Against The Current Pool, one deck below the Sanctuary. Children are not allowed in the Sanctuary, but they can use the Spa Pool. Membership is not required to use the Sanctuary.

I believe the Lotus Spa pool is adults only.

Archived