Lobster

jamon

On our Christmas cruise on the Atlantica they had Maine lobsters tails. They were done just right and sooo delicious :D. But two years ago on the Fortuna they only had the crab legs, no lobster. It maybe that we only had lobster because it was a holiday sailing. Don't worry though if you love seafood, Costa seemed to have more seafood of all different types than most of the other mainstream cruiselines.

No lobster tail on the Fortuna, but we had Alaska King Crab Legs and Surf and Turf as menu choices (see also 2010 Fortuna Menus, which will give you the entire list of menus for the week). Keep in mind, the Atlantica menus are different.

Peabody:

Yes, they do offer the Octopus Salad... it was offered at the Lunch Buffet and is excellent. I had a few servings myself... YUMMY!!!

Do they serve lobster tails on a seven night or longer cruise on Costa?

yes, on long cruises they do (Suez Canal/transatlantic) and lobsters big enough to fill a plate.

Anyhow, you can go to the special restaurant and with a little additional fee, you can have it every night, if you wish so.

Do they serve lobster tails on a seven night or longer cruise on Costa?

My family and I cruised on the Costa Allegra in September on a 14 night cruise to the Far East out of Singapore. There was lobster one night. In fact, we were offered seconds (and we were on first sitting). It was not huge, so we all took the seconds. But it certainly was delicious.

Not last week on the Atlantica Western Carib - no crab legs either. Best bets were their pasta courses and meats with bones .... like racks of lamb and veal. Dining room food was good. Avoid the buffet except for things like the octopus salads and such. ESP avoid at breakfast. Nobody is in the dining room and it is quick and 10,000 X better! Their desserts are very good.

On my recent cruises on both Costa and MSC I'm seeing a general tightening of the belt as both lines are trying to save money. Haven't seen any lobster since the world economic crisis began. The food in the MDRs remains very good but portions are smaller and the more expensive items have been eliminated. However, for the heavy eaters you can always ask for seconds (or thirds) on anything from the appetizers to the desserts.

We didn't have any lobster or crab legs offered on our trip mostly duck which tasted exactly like chicken and probably was. Afew beef choices including aged steak which wasn't bad once we got a knife to cut it. Also had afew with fish. I personally stuck with pasta and pizza but I'm probably one of the most picky eaters in the world. If you like penne ala vodka try the penne with salmon on italian night it was my first time eating fish and with the pasta it was great although very little actual fish but the flavor was WOW!!!!!

As a picky eater I'd tend to get 2 pasta dishes 2 desserts and the meat main course but always ended up at the pizza area after 10pm mainly due to eating at 6 while at home we eat at 8-9pm

Archived