Europe 2011 VS 2010

fpat

Hello

My question for those of you that follow the trends is how much of a change in the Europe Med Itinerary is there from year to year? We are planning on doing a Greek Island cruise in 2011. We were originally thinking Azamara which we did last year for Italy but their new concept does not fit into our budget for a family of 5. Princess has a nice Greek Island ternary which they seem to duplicate year after year but we were on the Emerald once and we feel that A Solictice Class ship will be a better fit for us. The family room that holds five is a big factor as well as all of the items discussed in other threads as far as lay out and passenger to space ratio as well as food quality. We are booked as you can see on the Solictice for our first X cruise this December to try it out and we want to book.

10 Night Eastern Mediterranean

Departing from Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Ports of Call: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy | Messina, Sicily, Italy | Piraeus (Athens), Greece | Mykonos, Greece | Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey | Rhodes, Greece | Santorini, Greece | Naples, Italy

as this is exactly what we want to see at the end of June which is when we need to travel.

So to all the X experts do they hold the same schedule pretty much year to year with minor changes or do they really revamp from year to year.

TIA for your responses

We took that exact cruise in October last year and it was just perfect. Our close freinds were so impresseed when the looked at the photos we took, they wanted to go on the same cruise itinerary and the same class ship. We would even go again so, 5 couple decided we wanted to go.

Alas, Celebrity decided not to have this itinerary any more in 2010 and the new one is not what we want so, we have to look elsewhere. I have not seen 2011 itineraries yet. So, it seems we were not the only ones dissapointed at the changed itinerary. Gotta look elsewhere I guess. A shame.

Surely Celebrity are doing this itinerary (or one almost the same) in 2010? I'm sure I can see four dates on Equinox from May through to August when this itinerary is done? The only change from what the OP lists seems to be that Athens & Mykonos are switched round. There are also five 11-night itineraries, again on Equinox, which drop Rhodes but add Istanbul.

Celebrity have been doing those 10 & 11 night itineraries for the last three years: we did the 10-night one on Galaxy in 2007, and the 11-nighter in 2009 on Solstice. They've been very popular, and I can't imagine that Celebrity will drop them. I can see that they've switched to the Holy Land itineraries for the end of summer, but I can't imagine that they would do those in June, July & August - it would be far too hot in Egypt and Israel.

I blogged from both of our cruises, and for anyone who hasn't read my blog here are the links for 2007 on Galaxy and 2009 on Solstice.

Assuming that Celebrity offers the same Equinox sailings in 2011 as in 2010 I would very much recommend that you consider the 11 night trip. To me it would be a shame to miss out on Istanbul if the dates/price would work for you.

We're waiting anxiously for the 2011 itineraries to be posted as we are interested in either the 10 or 11 day cruise starting in Rome. I contacted Celebrity and they said the 2011 itineraries should be out by mid April or early May. I'm hoping there will similar cruises for 2011.

Surely Celebrity are doing this itinerary (or one almost the same) in 2010? I'm sure I can see four dates on Equinox from May through to August when this itinerary is done? The only change from what the OP lists seems to be that Athens & Mykonos are switched round. There are also five 11-night itineraries, again on Equinox, which drop Rhodes but add Istanbul.

........QUOTE]

The OP was asking about 2011.

As I said, we took a 10 day in Sept/Oct 2009 and they are not offering the same itinerary in 2010 so, who knows what is in the plans for 2011.

Peter_Coach, the Equinox is doing the same itinerary as the OP is asking about - all the same ports - on 4 cruises in 2010. We know the OP is asking about 2011, but you stated you did that same itinerary in 2009 and now you and your friends can't find it in 2010 so you say it may not be offered in 2011 either. Not sure what you were looking at, but tom_UK is right - the 10N the OP is referencing is offered 4 times and the 11N is 5 times. All are the same as the ones in 2009, which were more numerous on the Solstice. We did the 10N E Med in Nov 09 on Solstice and, as pointed out by Tom_UK, it's the same in 2010 except a bit of an order switcheroo.

OP - No one can say for sure what 2011 will hold, but Celebirty has used this 10N and 11N E Med itinerary for 3 years that I know of, since we looked at it in 2008, took it in 2009 and see it listed in 2010, just not as many as in 2009.

So you just have to wait for April. May differ a bit, but hopefully, it will be very close. If they add something Like Cofu instead of one of the other islands, still jump on it! But my bet is, it will be very similar since these itineraries are very popular.

Denny

Archived