message/contact from outside ship?

jbranch

Do all cellphones work on Celebrity or does it depend on where you are and your carrier?

Hi:)...it probably depends on your carrier. I was just giving you another option from email.

I know I see people on their phones quite often though. I bring mine but once on board it stays in my cabin.

I believe there is still telephone service on the ships. However I believe it costs about 7.95 per minute. Notify your cell phone carrier and buy an international package for one month. Much cheaper.

The cell phone international packages do not give any discount at all for calls on the cruise ship - at least not for AT&T. You can check your cell phone carrier's web site under "international roaming" to verify rates, if a international discount plan applies or not, and if service on the Celebrity ships is available at all. If you can't find it call your cell phone company and ask. Also make sure international roaming is "switched on" for your phone. Some are automatically blocked as a security measure. It is a long a difficult process to get this changed if you are already overseas - much easier to do from home.

You can also be contact from home to the ship's phone system. The caller needs to call 1-877-266-1020 and have the name of your ship and your name and cabin number. They will need to have a credit card which will be charged $7.95/minuite for the call - it can not be reversed to your shipboard account if they call you on the ship.

We just give relatives the ships number as Lsimon gave. With a word of caution that it better be an emergency!!!:eek:

Otherwise we use internet and check every couple days. Using an internet cafe at the ports is easy and much low cost for a brief sitting. Ask your room steward or wiatstaff for info re best cafes and best phone cards if you need to call home.

We have Verizon. It was 5 cents to receive a text and 50 cents to send one. The calls had a roaming rate of $2.50 a minute. These rates were valid while on the ship (at sea). CHeck out the verizon site under international calling, click rates and coverage and scroll to cruise ship coverage.

Archived