Room service tips included in pre-paid gratuities?

What a compliment! I can only hope to ever be as helpful as you are to those who ask questions and accuracy IS your middle name. I just have wonder if that other one cruises at all from some of the replies.

You are too kind and I do appreciate the compliment.:)

I'm just glad that you posted what I was about to post.......the truth.

If you pay in cash at the end of the cruise, who do you hand it too? How do I know it is divided to everyone that is supposed to be tipped?

When paying in cash, you would hand your envelopes to the appropriate people..........your cabin attendant, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter. If these people have gone above and beyond for you, you can always add extra. When paying in cash, it is not divided.

Pre-paid gratuities are handled like a payroll and are handed out to the above mentioned people approx. 2-3 weeks after they have been received. They are divided out according to the recommended tipping guidelines set forth by RCI.

We finally decided to get our pre paid gatuities back and then pay them onboard to get a better exchange rate.

Also we found out that gratuities for room service are included in with the gratuities you pay. Our TA told us this. Other wise they would take your room card and add it like they do for drinks, spa... However if you want to give extra for exceptional service you can.:)

We finally decided to get our pre paid gatuities back and then pay them onboard to get a better exchange rate.

Also we found out that gratuities for room service are included in with the gratuities you pay. Our TA told us this. Other wise they would take your room card and add it like they do for drinks, spa... However if you want to give extra for exceptional service you can.:)

Your TA is wrong. Room service tips are not included in prepaid gratuities.

Room services for regular time (after a certain time they do charge $3.95) is free. They have never taken our seapass card and charged us for room service when they deliver, so not sure where your TA got that. We always have ones in the cabin so we can tip the room service staff upon delivery.

Susan :)

Room services for regular time (after a certain time they do charge $3.95) is free. They have never taken our seapass card and charged us for room service when they deliver, so not sure where your TA got that. We always have ones in the cabin so we can tip the room service staff upon delivery.

Maybe her TA is referring to the $3.95 charge that is added to your SeaPass account if you order between midnight and 5AM (I think that's the time span).

I'm trying to understand. You are saying my TA is wrong, but you are saying it is free (except after midnight?, then there is a charge of $3.95)

So if it is regular times (before midnight) then our TA is right, it is included. If you read it again, I said that they don't take your room card in regular times. I'm just trying to figure this out, not trying to start an argument.:)

I'm trying to understand. You are saying my TA is wrong, but you are saying it is free (except after midnight?, then there is a charge of $3.95)

So if it is regular times (before midnight) then our TA is right, it is included. If you read it again, I said that they don't take your room card in regular times. I'm just trying to figure this out, not trying to start an argument.:)

Sorry read over the don't too fast :D

I think we may be saying the same thing but wording a little mixed up.

Guess the concept is yes room service is free (except for that lovely $3.95 charge after a certain time), but there is no tip calculated in your prepaid tips to cover room service.

We always tip the delivery person as there is no tip included for them anywhere else. I know some people don't but we are ones that do. I mean last time we were on the very aft and that had to push that little cart a long way :)

Sorry read over the don't too fast :D

I think we may be saying the same thing but wording a little mixed up.

Guess the concept is yes room service is free (except for that lovely $3.95 charge after a certain time), but there is no tip calculated in your prepaid tips to cover room service.

We always tip the delivery person as there is no tip included for them anywhere else. I know some people don't but we are ones that do. I mean last time we were on the very aft and that had to push that little cart a long way :)

No Worry! It is confusing. They don't have it all written out properly. My Husband called RC and even they didn't really know, but thought it was nice to tip something if you are happy with the service.

Archived