Azamara Moving Primarily Towards E-Docs

Andy

Hi Everyone !

I've heard that Celebrity, Azamara and Royal Caribbean are moving towards an enhanced Electronic Document (E-Doc) and Luggage tag program, effective Feb 5, 2010. I do not have all of the details, though it seems you may be able to receive Printed Docs, upon request. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean will be charging a fee for Printed Docs on new bookings, on and after Feb 5th, though it appears that Azamara's Printed Docs will continue to be complimentary - Don't hold me to that :)

I've seen some of the information, and it looks to be a much improved system for both the TA's and the passengers, as you will have the ability to view your booking online. Hopefully, this will make the process more interactive. As there are many details, and I do not wish to pass along incorrect information.... if you have questions, my suggestion is to contact your Travel Agent, or Azamara directly.

I hope you find this information helpful !

I think the E-docs are a great idea, just think of all the wasted paper and postage in the "fancy" documents that used to come from the cruise lines.

Interesting that even though we did our express pass on line right after our final payment, they still sent out a document book last week for our Jan 31 sailing on the Journey. The documents referred to the online check in and still wanted this done 3 days prior to sailing. Sounds like they are trying to cover all angles for a while durring the transition.

Great idea as e-docs will stop the use of so much paper and of course helps the balance sheet a tad by eliminating postage. I suppose that baggage tags could be next!

Of course this is all in theory for me. I'm on the 2/6 Azarama Quest and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN E-DOCS OR BAGGAGE TAGS!!!

Of course I have checked in on-line, expect to get my luggage tags on the dock in Hong Kong, but still...

We checked in on-line but just received the booklet and luggage tags yesterday and we are leaving in a week. We received the booklet without the tags and when our TA called Azamara sent another booklet with tags UPS overnight.

I am unclear if they will still be sending luggage tags or not in the future.

Hi Jade !

From what I've read, it appears your TA or Azamara will send them, OR you will have the option to request them at the Azamara website. Either way, you should be able to recieve luggage tags.

We checked in on-line but just received the booklet and luggage tags yesterday and we are leaving in a week. We received the booklet without the tags and when our TA called Azamara sent another booklet with tags UPS overnight.

I am unclear if they will still be sending luggage tags or not in the future.

We, too, are sailing on the Quest with Tom on Feb 6. We still have NO docs. While I realize we can obtain luggage tags at the pier it isn't the same as having our docs and personalized tags IMHO:confused:. As well, as we are booked through a TA we are unable to order tags from the website!!! I understand the move to E-docs, but to be penalized in the interim isn't quite fair...particularly when they are less than 'nice' when our TA has phoned:(!!

Thanks, Andy for the update. Sorry about my rant!!!

cheers,

We, too, are sailing on the Quest with Tom on Feb 6. We still have NO docs. While I realize we can obtain luggage tags at the pier it isn't the same as having our docs and personalized tags IMHO:confused:. As well, as we are booked through a TA we are unable to order tags from the website!!! I understand the move to E-docs, but to be penalized in the interim isn't quite fair...particularly when they are less than 'nice' when our TA has phoned:(!!

Thanks, Andy for the update. Sorry about my rant!!!

cheers,

Hi Seahags,

I totally understand and agree. There is something exciting about receiving hard copy documents. We didn't get the booklet plus tags until our TA called last Friday. I agree that the RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara customer service reps as a group are the unfriendliest in the business. Azamara needs to do something about that if they continue to market themselves as above mass market.

Is this your first time on Azamara? Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi SeaHags & Tommui !

If you would please click on my email link below, I would like to see if I can help with your Docs situation. Please email me as soon as possible. Thank you !

Hi SeaHags & Tommui !

If you would please click on my email link below, I would like to see if I can help with your Docs situation. Please email me as soon as possible. Thank you !

Andy, you have mail...

Archived