FYI if you are using SAS Transportation from Miami to FLL

kcparrothead

We were fine with them when they picked us up at FLL and drove us to our hotel in South Beach. When they picked us up after the cruise, though, the van took us to a motor coach bus. We then had to wait for the bus to fill up, then they drove us to the airport. Not what we or the rest of the bus expected!!!

We were fine with them when they picked us up at FLL and drove us to our hotel in South Beach. When they picked us up after the cruise, though, the van took us to a motor coach bus. We then had to wait for the bus to fill up, then they drove us to the airport. Not what we or the rest of the bus expected!!!

I'm not understanding. Was this an issue for y'all?

I sent them a second email a couple of weeks ago and then had a response. This company has come so highly recommended by so many. I wonder if they are getting busier than they are prepared to handle? If they have purchased a coach type bus then the business must be good for them. I have a reservation coming up and hope that there are not any long delays which would cause one to miss a flight.

Same thing happened to us and we were told we could pay with a credit card when made the reservation and later at the bus were told Cash Only. We were lucky I have a few bucks left or we would have been stranded!

I sent them a second email a couple of weeks ago and then had a response. This company has come so highly recommended by so many. I wonder if they are getting busier than they are prepared to handle? If they have purchased a coach type bus then the business must be good for them. I have a reservation coming up and hope that there are not any long delays which would cause one to miss a flight.

It was another company's bus and they charged us $13. each instead of the quoted price of $15.pp. We were not told that we would be taking a bus, no mention of it on the van ride down. I do think they have more passengers than they can handle now, though. The van driver told us that they had eight vans - his was having a "rear end" problem and said that Steve needed to buy a new one to replace it - he said it had 265,000 miles on it.

We ran into problems of someone answering the phone last week for both pickups, but when I set up the reservation, he e-mailed me back within about a day.

My husband called Steve from the bus to say that we were not told we would be in a bus and he told him they were a "ride share company." I rolled with it but a lot of people including my husband were upset about the time that was wasted. We would've been at FLL in the time it took to wait for the bus to fill. We made it on time for our flight, but don't know about others.

Just want everyone to know what to expect.

I am so surprised to hear this. Perhaps the poster that said he may have gotten too busy is correct. We used him in August and the pick-up at POM back to the FLL airport was so smooth. We arranged for a 7:30 pick-up and actually got to the curb at 8:00 and he came right in. At POM all vans and taxis must wait outside the port.

I am so surprised to hear this. Perhaps the poster that said he may have gotten too busy is correct. We used him in August and the pick-up at POM back to the FLL airport was so smooth. We arranged for a 7:30 pick-up and actually got to the curb at 8:00 and he came right in. At POM all vans and taxis must wait outside the port.

Taxis ready for hire (not already waiting for a specific party) are plentiful inside the port right where the ships let out.

I just sent a request for a quote to SAS yesterday for a ride from Miami Airport to a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (in March) and they wrote back today indicating that they are not servicing the Miami Airport until further notice.

That must be why I haven't gotten a response to my request for a quote....:( I did get a quote from Airport Super Express. For taking 3 of us from Miami International to the Hampton Inn in Ft. Lauderdale, they are charging us $72. Not great, but not too bad...:rolleyes:

Wow, I got a response back last month for our cruise in May. Flying into FLL and pre-cruie stay in SouthBeach. I was quoted $13.00 per person. I am thinking that is no longer valid:confused::confused:

I am hoping someone can chime in that knows for sure.

I quess I will need to look for an alternative mode of transportation:rolleyes:.

That must be why I haven't gotten a response to my request for a quote....:( I did get a quote from Airport Super Express. For taking 3 of us from Miami International to the Hampton Inn in Ft. Lauderdale, they are charging us $72. Not great, but not too bad...:rolleyes:

Only a few dollars less than what a (much faster) taxi would cost.

Guest Indigogarden

I just posted on another thread about MIA to Ft Lauderdale transportation. We did this route two weeks ago and used Sun and Moon Express. Prompt pick up--Good Van--and reasonable price, $60 plus tip to Hyatt Place. We couldn't have been happier and we arrived at MIA at 10 pm. Email Edwin through Contact@SunandMoonExpress.com and get a quote!

Wow, I got a response back last month for our cruise in May. Flying into FLL and pre-cruie stay in SouthBeach. I was quoted $13.00 per person. I am thinking that is no longer valid:confused::confused:

I am hoping someone can chime in that knows for sure.

I quess I will need to look for an alternative mode of transportation:rolleyes:.

We paid SAS $15.00 per person for the van ride from FLL to South Beach, but paid $13.00 to the bus company that took us from the port to FLL. Maybe your quote is for the bus - I would verify.

My quote from SAS and quality is quite a bit higher. However, I am looking for FLL airport to a Miami airport hotel. Also need from the hotel back to the airport after the cruise.

Quality quoted $26 per person each way.

SAS quoted $55 for two FLL to the hotel.

He won't do the transfer from the hotel back to FLL

While I hate paying $52 per person for the transfers, it looks like this is what we will do. A rental car is about $6-70 per day and we would only have it for a short time and it wouldn't be worth it.

In mid December I asked SAS for a quote for a transfer from Miami International Airport to Fort Lauderdale / Port Everglades, and the reply was:

"We are not servicing the Miami Airport until further notice."

I got a quick response from Quality Limo Service, and others have recommended them, so I'll probably go with them.

Wow, that is strange as I have confirmation for SAS from FLL to POM pre-cruise and POM to FLL after my cruise. Now, with what has been said here, I am a little concerned as I will be traveling alone and didn't expect any problems. Maybe some of you could give out other transportation operators names? Wondering what a taxi would charge for a trip from POM to FLL, anyone know? I wouldn't want to miss my flight home.

Wow, that is strange as I have confirmation for SAS from FLL to POM pre-cruise and POM to FLL after my cruise. Now, with what has been said here, I am a little concerned as I will be traveling alone and didn't expect any problems. Maybe some of you could give out other transportation operators names? Wondering what a taxi would charge for a trip from POM to FLL, anyone know? I wouldn't want to miss my flight home.

They did assure everyone who had an 11:00 flight that they would make it. If you flight is then or later, you should be o.k. - any earlier, I think I'd change transportation!

Whippets, maybe you want to check out Quality Limo service. I need shuttle service from FLL to a Miami hotel. Then after the cruise I need from the hotel back to FLL. I got a response from SAS that they could do FLL to hotel, but would not pick me back up at the hotel to go back to FLL.

Quality will do both and quoted $26 per person, per trip.

Hey Diane.....is that you? I haven't read back through the thread....where and when are you cruising? Jackie and I are going through the canal Feb. 28th on Constellation. We too are booked with SAS.....hope it works out for all of us! Would love to see you again!

Sheila.

Archived