Recently off NCL Jade?

jalynn

If you have recently disembarked the Jade in Barcelona...what was the earliest time anyone could leave the ship? I'm really stressing about getting off and catching my 9:55 flight with all the new security requirements in place. I know some have left ship at 6AM. Is that the "rule" or the exception? I was feeling fairly confident until the new security checks for US bound flights.

thanks to anyone who can help calm my fears (or make them worse!!:eek:)--

• 2 weeks later...
If you have recently disembarked the Jade in Barcelona...what was the earliest time anyone could leave the ship? I'm really stressing about getting off and catching my 9:55 flight with all the new security requirements in place. I know some have left ship at 6AM. Is that the "rule" or the exception? I was feeling fairly confident until the new security checks for US bound flights.

On Feb 5, we walked off the Jade at 5:30AM with our luggage and were at the airport at about 6AM for a 9AM flight. (I should add, though, that we'd never planned to take a flight that early, but had to scramble the night before to get re-booked when we learned that our flight on Feb. 5 to Wash DC was cancelled because of a predicted huge snow storm. Thankfully, we managed to get to NY and weren't stranded in an airport in Europe for several days.)

Others on our sailing also had flights around the time of yours. The key will be walking off the ship yourself as early as they let you (which should be around 5:30AM) WITH your luggage. Don't give your luggage in the night before; use the self-disembark process and take your luggage with you.

Be down on Deck 7 in the main atrium and ready to get off as soon as the ship is cleared.

And have a GREAT trip.

Jalynn-- this is the deal: IF you book airport transfer with RCCL you will be one of the first people to leave the ship because when they take your reservation they take the responsibility to get you to the airport on time for your flight. That is why RCCL will not take any airport transfer for anybody flying out before 10am. I think you will be OK, but heed previous advice, talk to the concierge and ask to be allowed off the ship as soon as safe to do so. It is not Christmas time nor a holiday in Spain when BCN typically gets very busy.

We were on Jade in Sep 09. The good part is that you can leave as soon as the ship docks as long as you carry your own luggage. There is no customs clearance in Barcelona (unlike Italy where non EU passports are collected by the cruise line the night before and cleared by port immigration thus wasting time).

So if the ship is not late you can be in the airport as early as 6 to 6:30 am. Allocate about 10 min to get to taxi stand. Taxi ride is under 30 min this early in the morning.

Turtles06 (and others)--Thanks for your reassurances. Did you take a cab? Were there plenty of cabs waiting at that early hour? Or did you have a pick-up scheduled? Or did you use ship transport?

thanks again!

Jo Ann

Turtles06 (and others)--Thanks for your reassurances. Did you take a cab? Were there plenty of cabs waiting at that early hour? Or did you have a pick-up scheduled? Or did you use ship transport?

thanks again!

Jo Ann

We took a cab. Since we hadn't been planning to get off the Jade at 5:30am, we did not have a pick-up scheduled. But there were plenty of cabs waiting, and we had no problem. Of course, if you want to be doubly certain, you could reserve a cab in advance.

I've heard that there can be some waits for cabs if a lot of ships are in at the same time, but I have no personal experience with that.

Have a great trip!

Archived