5 course dinner

pinebro

I believe it is $89 per person. We ate in the specialty restaurant three times on our cruise earlier this month and although we did not take that option, I am pretty sure that is what was quoted. The cost of the dinner without the wine is now $35 pp. Although a bit pricey, we really do enjoy the whole atmosphere and service in the specialty restaurant. They practically treated as royalty on the third night, even making special items that were not on the menu. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Does anyone have a copy of the 5-course menu?

And, is it possible for one person in the dining party to do the 5-course menu if their dining partner does not? (My DH does not like wine, but I love it!)

jimbug - look on Celebrity site - choose dining - specialty rest. - then your ships rest. then menu - at bottom of menu is 5 course menu choices

fishhook1 - thanks much ! we have always enjoyed M-class specialty rest's - and you are right the service gets better with each visit !! we did the 5 course w/wine on the Millie - rolled out of there that night !

Does anyone have a copy of the 5-course menu?

And, is it possible for one person in the dining party to do the 5-course menu if their dining partner does not? (My DH does not like wine, but I love it!)

The entire party must choose the Menu Exceptionel. If you click on the link below, there are copies of the regular menu from Oceanliners (the specialty restaurant on the Constellation last April) as well as the menu with the wine pairings AND the menu from a special wine connoisseur's dinner that was held in Oceanliners as well.

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#519792246_Scaaf

Could my partner and I get two tables for one? He does not drink so would not be interested in the wine. I want the wine. There has to be some way around this.

Hi Robb-

I have the same problem! DH decided to become a teetotaler last year.

Since we're on the same sailing, maybe we can book adjacent tables?

Barb, works for me. ;) We will have to see what we can work out. We have some very nice restaurants locally that do the wine pairings with the courses and they have no problem with only one of us doing the wine. Cannot understand what the big deal is. :confused:

I was on the Millie in Alaska in 2008 and had the wine pairings solo. My wife drinks very little wine and they never questioned the pairings being for only one. In fact she tasted a couple of them. Probably different from ship to ship and maybe changed now but the board was reporting then it had to be for both people. I would not have done it had they charged for 2 and that's why I asked. Good luck to you and happy cruising.

Barb, works for me. ;) We will have to see what we can work out. We have some very nice restaurants locally that do the wine pairings with the courses and they have no problem with only one of us doing the wine. Cannot understand what the big deal is. :confused:

I would be very surprised if they would not accomodate this. Restaraunts certainly can and should require an entire table to participate in the same multi-course food menu, but the accompanying wine tasting shouldn't be required.

Archived