Early Saver Price Protection??

JamieH0201

Can someone please explain to me how the Early Saver Price Protection works?? I seem to be a bit confused after reading other posts.

We booked our cruise in Decemeber through a Carnival agent. I was under the impression if the price dropped with Carnival then we would get the difference back in OBC's.

Does the same apply if I find the same exact cruise (room and all) a little cheaper on a different site??

Thanks

Jamie

My understanding is that it has to be a "Carnival published fare"...even if it is on another site. So say if "Site A" wants to cut their price to be a little cheaper than anybody else but Carnival hasn't actually lowered the fare than they (Carnival) will not honor it. I could be wrong and I'm sure someone who knows better can correct me but that is how it was explained to me. I'm not sure about the OBC or lower fare. The only time I've ever been able to use the price protection was within 30 days of sailing so I was only able to get the OBC which was fine for me.

Hope this helps.:)

Also, we havent paid in full yet, so if it drops, do we get OBC's or just pay a lower rate when we pay in full?

THANKS!!

You fill out the following form online and then Carnival will let you know if you are approved for a price adjustment. If you haven't paid in full then they will reduce the amount from the remaining balance on your cruise. If you have paid it off then you will receive an onboard credit.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.htm

My understanding is that it has to be a "Carnival published fare"...even if it is on another site. So say if "Site A" wants to cut their price to be a little cheaper than anybody else but Carnival hasn't actually lowered the fare than they (Carnival) will not honor it. I could be wrong and I'm sure someone who knows better can correct me but that is how it was explained to me. I'm not sure about the OBC or lower fare. The only time I've ever been able to use the price protection was within 30 days of sailing so I was only able to get the OBC which was fine for me.

Hope this helps.:)

TA arent allowed to advertise lower rates. If you see a lower rate, its probably either a misprint or Carnival price you just missed on the Carnival site ... its not because site A decides to cut their price.

Over the phone or email site A might cut their commission to give you a deal, but they cant advertise it publically, only privately give you the lower rate. ...

OP if you are before final payment, they will lower your price, not OBC.

• 4 months later...
I just got denied for my early Saver, but I have a 4G and they have a lower price in a 4H. Shouldn't they at least offer to upgrade me?

Did you put a check mark in the box to upgrade?? If there is a 4H available but 4G is sold out, you have to check that you want to upgrade to the 4H to get the OBC.

Im assuming you are booked ES... if you didnt check the box to upgrade, then no. Sometimes people dont want to move, they might have picked a cabin close to friends etc...

Make sure you checked both boxes.

Okay, I didn't see the box, I must have been too excited. I sent an email with the information and a screen shot in reply though. Unless its on the Lido deck I really don't want to upgrade though b/c I think Pan. is too high up.

Thanks Firefly.

Okay, I didn't see the box, I must have been too excited. I sent an email with the information and a screen shot in reply though. Unless its on the Lido deck I really don't want to upgrade though b/c I think Pan. is too high up.

Thanks Firefly.

Is the 4H sold out??? Im confused what info you sent back to them.

Well good luck whatever it was lol

I just got denied for my early Saver, but I have a 4G and they have a lower price in a 4H. Shouldn't they at least offer to upgrade me?

If the 4H drops BELOW your ES rate for your ES 4G then you can upgrade to the 4H and get the price difference. If the 4H dropped, but is still priced higher than your 4G, you can (only) pay to upgrade to the 4H. ken

I got an email back with an approval status for even lower than what I see on Carnival. The 4H shows $614, but they sent me an email saying they gave me OBC for a rate of $604. Hey, I'm not gonna argue with them.

I sent them the print screen showing the 4H $614 rate. Above was the response.

I got an email back with an approval status for even lower than what I see on Carnival. The 4H shows $614, but they sent me an email saying they gave me OBC for a rate of $604. Hey, I'm not gonna argue with them.

I sent them the print screen showing the 4H $614 rate. Above was the response.

lol, one 4G must have come open ... good going.

Maybe they felt guilty for me not taking the Balcony Upsell and gave me a break, lol.

I guess it never hurts to try, right?

Im still voting one of your category briefly opened, and thats why you got an extra $10 pp off. lol. ... we can guess??

Im still voting one of your category briefly opened, and thats why you got an extra $10 pp off. lol. ... we can guess??

I think you are right, but a good lesson in ES.

Early saver is often your best bargain. Before final payment you get the money off your final payment if you find the price has gone down. After the final payment CCL gives you a credit for onboard use.

Got my OBC for $50 pp drop for a total of $260 all together in ES since Feb.

Archived