ISO good/cheap(er) hotel by KC, MO airport

Guest Time2gocruzn

Guest Time2gocruzn

would like to find a suite type hotel so we could rent 1 room for our 4 adults 1 child and a baby.

Our flight is at 9:?? AM. MCI is 3 hrs away from us and we neee have to drive 3 hrs to MCI airport and arrive early for security. That means unless we want to leave home EARLY (read practically in the middle of the night with 2 small kids, drive for 3 hrs and then get on a flight) we really need to find a decent place to stay and just come in the day b4, (for our sake as well as our fellow passengers lol.) Any suggestions? How about good/cheap long term parking?

would like to find a suite type hotel so we could rent 1 room for our 4 adults 1 child and a baby.

Our flight is at 9:?? AM. MCI is 3 hrs away from us and we neee have to drive 3 hrs to MCI airport and arrive early for security. That means unless we want to leave home EARLY (read practically in the middle of the night with 2 small kids, drive for 3 hrs and then get on a flight) we really need to find a decent place to stay and just come in the day b4, (for our sake as well as our fellow passengers lol.) Any suggestions? How about good/cheap long term parking?

This will get you started

http://www.parksleepfly.com/

Guest Time2gocruzn

PERFECT! Great site MYIMAGINATION! So easy to use. Some of the other sites it is hard to tell what is by the airport and what isn't. I am too chicken to "bid" on a hotel on priceline, lol. Thanks!!:)

Not sure what cheap(er) means to you. There is a very nice Embassy Suites 5 minutes from the hotel. I always like these because of the free breakfast (saving you at the very least $20 per day for four people) and free evening cocktails.

There is also an AmeriSuites about 7 minutes from the airport. Not truly suites like the Embassy, but with a separate area with a fold out couch. Also has a very good, but limited breakfast.

Hope this is helpful.

Mitch

Guest Time2gocruzn

Thanks all! :) I got one! Booked the Fairfield Inn Airport by Mariott. $54..not too bad. Also we can park our car there (extra $15) while on our cruise so save some $$ there, too. We really didn't want anything too fancy...looking forward to the cruise, not the pre-cruise hotel stay, lol. :D Oh yeah AND I cashed in some of my credit card's reward points and basically paid for both our room and my parents room and parking...yippie!

Guest Time2gocruzn

Hi beaming. We are driving from Ankeny, which is a suburb just north of Des Moines. Too bad the airfare out of Des Moines is so rediculous ($$$)! I wouldn't have to worry about all this stuff!:D :D

Also I don't know if you have flown out of MCI b4, but a relative of mine lives there and flies out of there all the time. She says their security is very tight. She says it is much tighter (or much slower) than most of the airports she has been in and she as a rule arrives 2 hrs early. That's why we planned on being there so early, we just aren't sure what to expect. If you have flown out of there, what did you think about it? Is it a long wait for security?

I've flown out of MCI several times and I have not noticed that the security is any tighter than any other airport. As with any airport there is still the chance that the line may be long and you may have to wait in line for a bit. But really that happens at any airport on any day, depending on the amount of travelers.

The thing that really stinks about is MCI is that because of the long hallway type configuration of the terminal, there is a security checkpoint setup every few gates. Doesn't sound bad until you realize that the gates are glassed in with only the waiting area and the 3 or 4 gates in that area. Once you go through security that is the only thing in there. If you need to go to the bathroom and/or get something to eat or drink you have to go back out. Which means you have to go through security again. You can always leave someone in there with the carry-on bags so you don't have to scan those again, but you still have to wait in line to go through the metal detector. It is a real pain in the neck, and I would imagine with young ones it would be even more of pain.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Thanks MsRedBird. That gives me a little better idea of what I am in for:) . I am going to show up plenty early. With 2 kids in tow it is not easy to hurry...ever...LOL!!:D :D

On the other hand, I love the airport. When picking up family I can drive almost to the door and watch them come in right at the gate! Plus it never feels overcrowded. I do agree leaving the secured area could be a hassle but usually we take turns with the young kids and an adult stays with the carryons. So all we have to do is walk back through the metal detectors. :)

Archived