UK booking help needed

Madkitty

It looks like my job is under threat again and need to know my options for our Oct cruise - I know its a while away but I have 3 other holidays inbetween to contend with as well and this is the most expensive. We have obvioously paid a £200 deposit - is there any possibility of us changing the cruise to a later date (possibly even 2011) so that we dont lose our deposit?

If you booked with a TA you would have to talk to them to see what they can do for you.

If you booked with RCCL you and ask to change the date of your sailing. As long as you retain the original booking number you will not incur any penalties. You can do this for 15 years if you want, there is no limit to the number of time you "push" the date.

It looks like my job is under threat again and need to know my options for our Oct cruise - I know its a while away but I have 3 other holidays inbetween to contend with as well and this is the most expensive. We have obvioously paid a £200 deposit - is there any possibility of us changing the cruise to a later date (possibly even 2011) so that we dont lose our deposit?

We have done this many times, we have booked through a TA and were originally due to go on Freedom in 2008, then moved it to Independance 2009 but have finally settled on Oasis this year. It is costing us a lot of money too and we only have a 4 night cruise to Cork booked when Indy comes back to the UK and that is it. We were charged a fee of £75 I believe to change it. But glad we have

CK x

RCI UK have different T&Cs to the USA.

It is £75pp to change ship and/or sail date. This applys to first 2 pax in the booking only. It applys each time you change.

Also if you only paid £100pp deposit, the deposit now is £150pp so you will have to pay an extra £50pp deposit when you move ship/date.

If you are inside the 57 day final payment then you cannot change ship/date.

Hope this makes sense and hope your job is OK Kitty!

Under UK booking conditions you can change to a different sailing but they will charge you £75 EACH.

We changed an August sailing on Brilliance for 3 people to the same cruise a month later but only for 2.....the admin charges were 2 x £75 plus the loss of the 3rd person deposit (£100 at the time). Of the original £300 deposit we would have been charged £250.:(

We decided instead to simply cancel that cruise, forfeit the dposit and create a brand new booking because if the new sailing happens to have a price drop I was pretty sure they would insist on us paying £35 each to get it since our reservation had already had changes....and then I would have been REALLY annoyed!:(

Yes, the rules are really unfair, as far as UK cruisers are concerned. We had to change our July cruise by 1 week - same cabin, same cruise but £150 charge. Nice little earner for Royal Caribbean :mad: Our TA was shocked too

Archived