Help with "checking in" American Airlines Question

MTJtraveller

Hi!

I was hoping someone was familiar with American Airlines 24-hours before flight checkin. We are cruising to South AMerica in a couple of weeks and I thought I would ask out guide at our disembarkation spot to do our check-in for our flight that evening and print up our boarding passes.

Now I am wondering if American allows you to checkin 24 hours before your flight WITHOUT printing up boarding passes. I could do this onboard our cruise. That way I would have the assurance that our airlines knows we are coming ...I have no problem standing in line to check our baggage etc.

As I usually fly internationally via United, I wasn't sure how it all works on American and if anyone had some sage advice for me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I was hoping someone was familiar with American Airlines 24-hours before flight checkin. We are cruising to South AMerica in a couple of weeks and I thought I would ask out guide at our disembarkation spot to do our check-in for our flight that evening and print up our boarding passes.

Now I am wondering if American allows you to checkin 24 hours before your flight WITHOUT printing up boarding passes. I could do this onboard our cruise. That way I would have the assurance that our airlines knows we are coming ...I have no problem standing in line to check our baggage etc.

As I usually fly internationally via United, I wasn't sure how it all works on American and if anyone had some sage advice for me.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, in fact you won't be able to print BPs for international flights ahead of time - the check in reps need to see your passports and ask you the usual questions. You can check-in, though.

Archived