Best venue for 25th anniversary dinner

happytravellers2

Have just about finalized plans for our first ever cruise next January.

Having faithfully watched the various forums - particularly this one recently - have decided on HAL Eurodam eastern caribbean.

We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the Friday - the last night - and I would appreciate some advice so that we can book early.

We will make reservations for both Pinnacle and Tamarind during the week (we loooove food and cooking, and asian food is one of our loves) - would one of those be a good suggestion for our anniversary?

We are planning a five week holiday - moving around quite a lot in both Mexico and Florida with the cruise on the last week, and so have luggage limitations and certainly won't take along my DJ - is the last evening likely to be formal?

The last evening of any cruise is never a formal night. Lately the last evening on some of the ships -- including the Eurodam -- is the Master Chef dinner.

You can always ask once you are on the ship if indeed there will be a Master Chef dinner.

For an anniversary I would go to the Tamarind restaurant.

Happy 25 th Anniversary :) My vote is the same as KK's.

Given your love for Asian food,I know you will enjoy the menu. The staff and venue are lovely,

Have lunch there during your cruise and select which table you would like for your special evening.If I remember correctly far left corner is a water view.

The staff will do their best to make it a memorable evening

We choose the Pinnacle Grill for our anniversaries. We will be celebrating our 30th in March on the Rotterdam. We will dine in the PG. You can pre order a special cake, or have roses delivered to your table. There are so many great things you can do.

We will make reservations for both Pinnacle and Tamarind during the week (we loooove food and cooking, and asian food is one of our loves) - would one of those be a good suggestion for our anniversary?

Either one would be a perfect choice. Have cocktails in the Silk Den before dinner (regardless of which venue you choose).

Congratulations on 25 years together.

Please be aware of what can happen on any cruise. We returned last week from an 11-night cruise on the Oosterdam. Our 25th anniversary was on the last night of the cruise as well. Unfortunately, we had a code red called (norovirus outbreak) the last three days of the cruise. We had dined at Pinnacle early in the cruise so knew exactly how special it could be. What a vastly different meal it was after the code red. It truly was no different than a dinner in the main dining room and, on top of it, we missed the Master Chef's dinner which was the first one for this crew in months.

If I had it do over, we would probably have chosen another night to actually celebrate. As a previous poster stated, the last night was not formal at all. It might have been the second most casual of dress next to the first night of the cruise (people packing up as opposed to having not received their luggage yet). So, just go into it with the full knowledge of what can happen. There are no easy solutions here as a code red can be called at any time on any ship. Tamarind would also have been affected had there been one on this ship.

I have an amazing DH and he was so dissapointed for me to have had the anniversary altered in this way that he is taking me to a very fancy restuarant on the Sat before Valentine's Day. Yeah, I think I'll keep him around another 25 years or so!

Thanks for that tarps.

We have reached a stage in life where we try to take things as they come - and make the best of whatever that is; because of exactly this sort of thing.

Looking around for a piece of wood to touch as I say this - we have been very lucky in our travels and havn't to date had any really bad experiences such as we read and hear about - but they happen all the time and I suppose one time sooner or later something will happen to us - just hope it isn't anything too serious! (one of our friends went on a skiing holiday to europe - enjoyed the partying a bit too much on the first evening they got there, slipped on the icy pavement going back to the hotel and broke his leg - no skiing!)

Unless something exteme happens, we can always sit together with a bottle of bubbly on our balcony.

Do you have a balcony?

Ive often read on here of having dinner delivered to your cabin/balcony for a special event. Are you aware that you can read the dinner menu that's posted outside the MDR and order what you want as Room Service?

I LOVE the Pinnacle but just thought I'd mention the Intimate Balcony possibility.;)

We did a cruise on the Eurodam for our 20th Anniversary in October.

We, like you, love Asian food and we chose to celebrate our Anniversary in the Tammarind. It was amazing. Additionally some friends from our M&G knew it was our Anniversary and had a lovely chocolate mousse cake delivered to our table and the staff sang "Happy Anniversary" to us. It was very nice.

As an aside, that evening the Beverage Manager and his wife were eating at the Tammarind as was a large table lead by the Captain who was dining with the Hotel Manager, Guest Relations Manager and a bunch of other Ship Officers.

Have a great Anniversary.

We celebrated our anniversary on the Eurodam in Ocotber of 2008. We had a wonderful evening at the Pinnacle Grill. DH had a dozen roses delivered to our window table, as well as a gift-wrapped bottle of my favorite perfume. We had a wonderfully romantic dinner with complimentary champagne and were so beautifully attended-to by the waiters. The whole evening was topped off with an anniversary cake and the entire wait-staff following the cake, clapping in unison, and offering their congratulations. It was the best anniversary ever!

We are doing it again this year on the Maasdam - it will be hard to top the Eurodam, but I'm willing to give it a go! :D

Either location you choose will be wonderful for you, I'm sure. Enjoy each other - many congratulations - and have Smooth Sailing Always! :)

Thank you for all the responses, I will definitely go for one of the two restaurants.

With regard to the reply about having dinner delivered to the cabin and eating on the balcony, has anyone else tried it and would they recommend it for one evening? Is the only additional cost a tip to the room service waiter, or do you not tip during the cruise?

Archived