From Vancouver, with love

elena7seas

To all my cruise critic friends....to those who have been to Vancouver, and to those who have yet to come...as we get ready to host the Olympics on February 12th...

I thought you might like to see this video on Youtube. I only wish they had captured a cruise ship going under the Lion's Gate Bridge.

Be sure to have your volume turned up.

Every time I watch it, I see something new.

Thanks for the utube video. I was saddened on viewing this due to we were supposed to be in Vancouver taking a cruise with RCCL from Vancouver to San Diego when the Olympics ended on 3/5/2010. RCCL was contracted to house the security. Unfortunately the contract was canceled. So cruise canceled. On the good side of this we are now on the Millie doing the same itinerary in September.

Nice video -- we'll be in Vancouver for the first time in mid-September for the Millennium Wine Cruise. With only 1 full day and 1/2, what are the must see's/do's? Would appreciate your input.

Mike, I am not Lois but I can answer your question.

Here are the most popular sights to see in Vancouver:

Grouse Mountain

Capilano Suspension Bridge

Chinatown

Stanley Park and Lions Gate Bridge

Granville Island

Gas Town and the Lookout Observatory

Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Stanley Park and Granville Island is a must see.

Woops I posted this on the wrong thread. Sorry for interupting.

Thanks, Elena7seas. from one Vancouverite to another.

This You-Tube gem has already made quite the rounds. It is indeed superb and thank you for sharing this beautiful testimonial of our lovely neck of the woods with everybody else.

The shot of English Bay by the West-End shows a quick glimpse of where we live ( one of the ''Beach Towers''.)...needless to say, I quickly forwarded it to DD and DS back East.:rolleyes:

Would have been lovely, as you said, if a cruise ship would have made her way into that grest production.

Again, thank you

Cheers

:D

Archived