Carnival ecstasy

princekmb

I am new to these boards. Please pardon me if this has been asked. We are planning to sail on the Ecstasy in July. We are a family of four DH, DW, DD and DS (ages 8 and 13). This is our first cruise! Just wondering if a oceanview stateroom will accomodate us? How big are the ov rooms? Also, is it worth the extra money for a ov room vs. a inside room?

You may fit, but it will be tight. You might find a good price on a suite that has more room. My family (total 3 of us) usually book the cheapest, hence smallest, room on the boat. We do fine, but it can get tight. We get along great so it works well. Its kinds up to you. They do have rooms that sleep 4 and you can add a rollaway.

Have fun...

I am new to these boards. Please pardon me if this has been asked. We are planning to sail on the Ecstasy in July. We are a family of four DH, DW, DD and DS (ages 8 and 13). This is our first cruise! Just wondering if a oceanview stateroom will accomodate us? How big are the ov rooms? Also, is it worth the extra money for a ov room vs. a inside room?

We just got off the ecstasy with our family (kids close in age to yours) the end of December. There were five of us (grandma came along)- three were in an OV cabin on Riviera deck that slept three and the other two in a 1A that slept two. Our prior 2 cruises (On RCL) were both in interior cabins on ships smaller than the cabins on the Ecstasy and we were fine. The regular interior and oceanview staterooms on Fantasy Class ships are the same size so there is no space benefit for upgrading to an OV on this ship.

Ecstasy is a very eash ship go get around. Forward on Empress deck is where I would recommend as it puts you close to where the action is, but is not directly above or below an area where noise would be a problem. It is also the first deck to leave when you are debarking at the end of the cruise.

Hi princekmb--

We've sailed on the Elation and the Paradise- two of Ecstasy's sister ships and have done quads and triples 8 times.

You will be crowded (think camping) but it is very doable. You will have 4 drawers and three closets. Two of the closets have doors, one with shelves and one for hanging stuff. The bathroom has a medicine cabinet with 3-4 shelves in it.

Do not over pack.

Store luggage under the bed.

You will have more 'room' in the cabin if the lower beds are kept as twins (not too romantic I know;)).

With four in a cabin, this is the only time I would advise an over-the-door shoe holder to corral the little stuff.

Bring an extension cord-there is only one outlet in the room.

Only you can decide if a window is worth the extra money. The inside (cat 4) and OV (cat 6) cabins are the same size.

If I recall correctly both the Inside and Ocean View cabins are usually 185 square feet. In that space they fit the beds, bathroom, closet, desk and shelves with a tube TV.

The large window in an Ocean View does not open. It does provide a lot of light. With 4 in a room it's likely that you'll not spend a great deal of time in the room so I'm not sure how much you'll appreciate the window.

You might want to price out the cost of two adjoining interior cabins vs a quad ocean view. I suspect that the cost might be quite close. Having two bathrooms would be a definite plus and to my mind worth far more than a window.

Inside 185 sqft

Ocean View 220 sqft ;)

Balcony 185 sqft with 35 sqft balcony

Archived