Celebrity Fishing Excursions

storm4392

Hello,

I have a question concerning fishing excursions for Celebrity's Alaska cruise on Summit. I am not sure which fishing excursion is the best for salmon. I can fly fish and do sport fishing so the type of fishing is not a big deal. I would like to also know what does the best shipping of fish back to your home. Finally I would like to know when King Salmon is in season. Thank you for helping me out!:D :cool:

If you want to target Salmon I recommened fishing in Ketchikan. The fish in the flyfishing excursions are usually just dolly vardens so if you want Salmon go with the sportfishing. You should also look at booking the tour yourself and not through the boat. It will save you a few dollars and you will be able to custumize your charter better.

Thank you!

My only other question is if the groups there will ship your catch home or not. I have been craving fresh Alaskan salmon so hopefully they will shp it home. But seeing as we are going in August, will it be sitting outside for the week if I ship it home? Just wondering... Bye.

:cool: :D :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

There is a minimum of shipping your catch home, it is about $80. Dont worry about the cruise ship handling your fish, the proccesors will hold it till you are home and can sign for it. Good luck and let me know if I can recommened any charter operators out of Ketchikan or other port.

If you do know some charters that would be greatly appreciated. If any of them have websites that I can look at that would be great. We are going to be booking the shore excursions hopefully soon so I would like to try to make a decison in the next week or two. Thanks for all of your great help!:cool:

Seward has great fishing. You can do a combo of salmon and halibut.They will clean the fish for you on the way back in.Apollo restaurant in Seward will cook your fresh fish for you.The rest( any amount,no minimum or maximum) you can bring to Glacier fresh seafood and they will vacuum pack, freeze and have it delivered to your door on the day you want it delivered ..after you get home.Full day charters run around $175 and there is hundreds of boats to choose from.There is also half day and just salmon or halibut charters.If you've never done halibut fishing go do it. I caught a #140 once.What fun! Depending on when your here there is also great salmon fishing right from the shore.$10 fishing pole rental with a $100 deposit...June is peak King Salmon fishing. In August the silver salmon jump everywhere and they are really easy to catch..Seward has the Silver salmon derby then and they have tagged fish worth $100,000!plus many many other prizes. ....

We will be there in mid August. Should we fish in Ketchikan or Seward and Cooper Landing? We want to fish probably twice. Which locations would you choose? My husband loves to fly fish so I know he'll want to fish out of Cooper Landing. I'd love your opinions. We also would like to know some charters you have taken. I know you've mentioned Northern Lights out of Ketchikan. What about Seward and Cooper Landing? Thanks for all of the great advice I've gotten on this board about Alaska.

My two (hopefully) last questions are just wondering what the processing fees for True Alaskan Charters. Also if anyone knows what the limit is for salmon on a one day fishing liscence in Alaska it would be greatly appreciated. I want to know how much salmon i can catch and take home without going over the limit. Almost there!:D :p

Archived