Flight arrival time is 9am !!!

mcot1016

Now from the time i get off the plane and grab my luggage and grab a taxi it should be no later than 11am.....How early can you get onboard the emerald princess?....Also they always say 1-2 bottles of wine is fine but myself im not a wine kinda guy so i was wondering where is a good place for a taxi to stop for me before we head to the pier....And do you think it would be ok for me to grab a 12 or 18pk of bud light to bring on the ship? Should i bring it on my carry on or try to squeeze it in my suitcase?....And while im there i want to grab some red bull is that possible to carry onboard?......Thanks so much for your help

cody

Now from the time i get off the plane and grab my luggage and grab a taxi it should be no later than 11am.....How early can you get onboard the emerald princess?....Also they always say 1-2 bottles of wine is fine but myself im not a wine kinda guy so i was wondering where is a good place for a taxi to stop for me before we head to the pier....And do you think it would be ok for me to grab a 12 or 18pk of bud light to bring on the ship? Should i bring it on my carry on or try to squeeze it in my suitcase?....And while im there i want to grab some red bull is that possible to carry onboard?......Thanks so much for your help

cody

Noon

Total Wine which is a couple of long blocks from the pier

Just in case, you should know:

Everyone's assuming Emerald is sailing out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale).

If not, it would be wise to mention the port. :D

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Depart 5:00PM

Princess Cays, Bahamas Arrive 9:00AM Depart 4:00PM

At Sea

St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles Arrive 10:00AM Depart 6:00PM

St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands Arrive 7:00AM Depart 4:00PM

Grand Turk Arrive 1:00PM Depart 7:00PM

At Sea

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Arrive 7:00AM

Last April we stayed at the Hyatt Place the night before our TA cruise on the Emerald. The next morning, we took a walk out to the bridge on 17th to get a view of the ship. On the way back, we stopped at a Walgreens and I bought an 18 pack of Budweiser and my wife got a 12 pack of Heineken. Later, we took both on board with no problem.

We had a very nice cruise. I ran out of beer just about the time we were hitting all the European ports, so it didn't really matter.

As I recall we boarded the ship around noon.

I do not believe you would be allowed to bring on beer or spirits - only wine. However, I may be wrong.
Yes you can. ;)

Are you allowed to bring on beer or spirits? No. It's clearly stated that Princess only permits you to bring on wine/champagne.

Can you probably get away with bringing on beer or spirits? Yes, absolutely. Folks do it every day.

Are you allowed to bring on beer or spirits? No. It's clearly stated that Princess only permits you to bring on wine/champagne.

Can you probably get away with bringing on beer or spirits? Yes, absolutely. Folks do it every day.

As I have stated in the past, FLL Port security is not interested in taking on the task of enforcing the Princess liquor policy. :rolleyes:

cody

Folks will be waiting as early as 9:30, so when you arrive at 11ish, you'll already see people in their groups waiting to board. You're arriving at a good time to be able to board sooner rather than later, so you can explore the ship before the masses arrive.

Now from the time i get off the plane and grab my luggage and grab a taxi it should be no later than 11am.....How early can you get onboard the emerald princess?....Also they always say 1-2 bottles of wine is fine but myself im not a wine kinda guy so i was wondering where is a good place for a taxi to stop for me before we head to the pier....And do you think it would be ok for me to grab a 12 or 18pk of bud light to bring on the ship? Should i bring it on my carry on or try to squeeze it in my suitcase?....And while im there i want to grab some red bull is that possible to carr

cody

Our plane comes in @ 10:00 am. We will also be in line early, but I rather wait in line then to feel the rush and panic of coming in late. We are sailing on the Emerald departing March 7 out of FLL. Maybe we will be waiting together.

:)

We like to extend the vacaton alittle and give oursleves some slack.

We always fly in the day before... don't trust the airlines and weather,,, stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th St... have some drinks by the pool in the afternoon ...enjoy the free Manager's reception 5-7 PM..... go to the Outback Steakhouse next door... maybe an evening dinner cruise on the Jungle Queen...have a relaxing full free breakfast in the AM...and head to the pier about 11:30 just in time for boarding...relaxed and ready to go...........

doing it again on the Ruby March 20th..can't wait...........this will be my #15 on Princess...

cody

This would all be assuming you were on an airline that actually landed at the appointed time. :eek: Anyone know one??? :D

Hi,

Assuming you are departing Port Everglades, I can offer the following:

- Some folks have talked/posted about walking from the Cruise Terminal to Total Wine to stock up. This is a very long hike! Cabs are the norm.

- We usually purchase bottles of wine once in we are in town. We wrap the bottles in our suitcases and assure good padding. Once dropped off with the luggage porters the bags (and wine) are delivered to the room safely. I've never lost a bottle yet.

- Although Princess has "restrictions," I find the only time they police them is via carry-ons. If found, they mark and store your beverages for "safe keeping" until the end of the cruise.

- I have heard stories (but can't confirm) some cruise lines offer their cabin stewards a reward if excessive alcohol is found in cabins. However, once I am in my cabin and unpacked, I show my cabin steward my stash of wine and tip him $20 to be certain everything stays where it should. Never a problem.

- On sea days we play Yatzee on the balcony, drinking wine and eating nice cheeses. Not much better!

- One Princess cruise neighbor was fond of setting outside with a trash can of iced beer he "smuggled" aboard. After the fourth day he seemed to still have a good stock. I asked him over the balcony how much beer he brought with him. He purchased two huge cheapolo suitcases and packed them with cases of beer and had them delivered to his cabin. He left the empty suitcases in the room after we returned to home port. Enough said.

In closing, we have a nice bottle in the dining room most evenings. Princess sells us 5-6 bottles per week, and we sometimes purchase boxes to ship home. (On the last cruise we purchased a box of three wines cheaper than stateside prices for one of the higher end bottles! We bought two boxes). We also enjoy our personal wine in our cabin. Everyone wins this way.

Hope this gives you some insights!

so just go to the pier, turn in your luggage and get a seat in line. Don't worry about liquor in your luggage with Princess. They let us in early and we waited inside until the ship was cleared for boarding. Immigration makes that determination and sometimes some passengers are very late getting off the ship due to infirmaties or slowness. They are quite organized about this. Bring a book just in case.

We like to extend the vacaton alittle and give oursleves some slack.

We always fly in the day before... don't trust the airlines and weather,,, stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th St... have some drinks by the pool in the afternoon ...enjoy the free Manager's reception 5-7 PM..... go to the Outback Steakhouse next door... maybe an evening dinner cruise on the Jungle Queen...have a relaxing full free breakfast in the AM...and head to the pier about 11:30 just in time for boarding...relaxed and ready to go...........

doing it again on the Ruby March 20th..can't wait...........this will be my #15 on Princess...

Have you been reading our minds. Exactly what we are doing for the April 9th cruise.:D

Have you been reading our minds. Exactly what we are doing for the April 9th cruise.:D

and after an initial pass around the ship after we board, mid-afternoon we settle in at Crooners for a bottle of Korbel champage .. then we head to Skywalker's for sailaway and a fantastic view from up high.....

old, good, habits are hard to replace...

Now from the time i get off the plane and grab my luggage and grab a taxi it should be no later than 11am.....How early can you get onboard the emerald princess?....Also they always say 1-2 bottles of wine is fine but myself im not a wine kinda guy so i was wondering where is a good place for a taxi to stop for me before we head to the pier.

If you are leaving from Ft. Lauderdale on a Sunday...

You can't buy beer/wine/Liquor before noon, due to city

ordinance.

Archived