Emerald Princess included dining options

barberesr

We will be sailing on the Emerald Princess in March. I was on the Golden Princess twice. They had the buffet going at least until midnight.

When I booked the cruise they told me that the buffet was only open until 5:30. If we want a snack after dinner, what other options are there?

Is there any place to get ice cream?

Thanks

Princess has either the Horizon Court buffet or Cafe Caribe (smaller version of the buffet, but I can not remember if the Emerald offers the Cafe Caribe) open and available 24/7.

Was it Princess or a travel agent that told you the buffet closed at 5:30? I have never heard or seen anything like that on one of the larger Princess ships. I will guarantee you that one of the buffet lines will be open. ;) Enjoy!

The buffet is actually open 24 hours. You can eat dinner there. There is always something out in either the Horizon Court or the Cafe Caribe (right behind Horizon Court). Pizza is open until at least 11 pm.

The Pizza and the Scoops ice cream bar are connected and are mid-ship on the Lido (forward of the buffet on the port side). Ice Cream is free there.

There is also gelato available at the International Cafe on Plaza Deck 5. 3 Large scoops are $1.50. There's food at the International Cafe into the late evening (at lunch time, there's wonderful sandwiches, salads and quiche there as well). There's free Tapas and Sushi across the Piazza at Vines in the evening as well.

Room Service is 24 hours but has a limited menu (not full dinner menu)--sandwiches and some desserts. This is included but you should tip the Room Service waiter who brings the food. If you want a pizza delivered (during the hours the pizza counter is open on the Lido), it's $3 extra to have the pizza brought to your room.

The Emerald Princess is a wonderful ship! I'm sure you will have a great trip.

We will be sailing on the Emerald Princess in March. I was on the Golden Princess twice. They had the buffet going at least until midnight.

When I booked the cruise they told me that the buffet was only open until 5:30. If we want a snack after dinner, what other options are there?

Is there any place to get ice cream?

Thanks

typical know nothing res agent: one thing Princess offers that few other lines do: 24 hour buffet or mini buffet..

Nita

also you have hambuger/hot dog stand Trident Grill.

We really enjoyed both the Cafe Caribe and HC many evenings.

Of course you also have Sabatinis and Crown Grill for a nominal fee

I think it is a little more than a nominal fee and they are not open 24/7 or anywhere near.

Nita

I think it is a little more than a nominal fee and they are not open 24/7 or anywhere near.

Nita

The Crown Grill is $25 plus another $9 if you want lobster. Which I do, of course!! They open at 6 p.m. but I don't know when they close.

Archived