Belize Beach?

scottfay

Wondering what beach the ship tour goes to in Belize? Is it Bannister Island? I can't find this info. on NCL website (it just says - a popular beach - or something similar to that). And am I correct that the tenders go right from the ship to the beach for this tour?

Thanks for any insight an experienced cruiser can provide!

Kara

Wondering what beach the ship tour goes to in Belize? Is it Bannister Island? I can't find this info. on NCL website (it just says - a popular beach - or something similar to that). And am I correct that the tenders go right from the ship to the beach for this tour?

Kara

Bannister Island is what they took us to after the snorkeling was done (snorkeling/beach excursion) -- it was a pleasant small island, clean, had a bar and a small shop, beach volleyball, swimming area, lounge chairs.

Kara

I have been to Belize twice with Carnival. We did ships tours both times. Once we went to Bannister Cays, the other time we went to Goff's Caye.

Both are very nice. The services are better at bannister, but the snorkeling is MUCH better at Goff's.

If you want to do a beach trip on the cheap, you can catch a water taxi to Caye Caulker. We did this in November and they were running a special. I think for the two of us it was $16 total. Normally it would be $25 per couple (round trip.)

The island is beautiful, and the surf breaks a couple hundred yards out on the reef, so the beaches are tranquil. It is a lovely place.

And am I correct that the tenders go right from the ship to the beach for this tour?

Anyone have a comment on this part of the OP's question? Does the tour require tendering to land then boarding the excursion or does the tour leave directly from the ship?

Archived