Grand Cayman Scuba - Liberty of the Seas

ScubaCruiser54

OK. I have been to GC several times on other vessels. We have dove Grand Cayman on two prior occassions using Absolute Divers and DiveTech. Both were satisfactory. However, in trying to make arrangements to dive with them this year, they both indicated that they did not "have a trip" that would allow cruise ship passengers to make a two tank dive with one at Stingray City and one at a nearby wall or divesite.

I have contacted a number of operators, and they also have no dives of this nature that would work with a cruis ship. This is disheartening. My daughter is heartset on diving with the stingrays. I enjoy that as well. Have any of you had any recent good luck to find a dive operator who makes such a trip?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Resort Sports Ltd. used to offer this excursion for Princess and NCL.I think they still do.It was advertised as the world's best deep and shallow dives.The first dive was on the North Wall at Eagle Ray Pass and then Sting Ray City.The North Wall is considered an advanced dive due to the depth and sheer drop of the wall but you could stay on the reef at 75 feet or so.

Hello...we are booked on Liberty for March 21? When are you going? It is tough to get an excursion with the port time of the ship. It says we are in port from 10 to 6 but that needs to get adjusted to 9 to 5 for EDT change in Miami. This makes it difficult to catch the morning excursions as they leave between 8 and 9:30, and also makes it difficult to catch the afternoon trips as they return around 4 or so, making it tight to catch the last tender to the ship before the 5 pm departure.

Have you done any investigation on these time issues?

We are out June 6....

I know what you mean about the timing, but you would guess that a dive shop might try to accomodate the ships to an extent, because to sell them on Cayman diving is to get visitors to come back for a week trip....

Thanks for the other suggestion as well. I have tried to hook up with a few, but all I get is you can shore dive.... I can't quite make it out to Stingray city and back swimming...LOL.

Will check on suggestion and will post if I find an operator who will accomodate.

I know what you mean about the timing, but you would guess that a dive shop might try to accomodate the ships to an extent, because to sell them on Cayman diving is to get visitors to come back for a week trip....

No, most dive shops try to accommodate their land based guests who will be diving with them multiple days. Most of those customers want an earlier departure than most cruise schedules will allow.

OK. I have been to GC several times on other vessels. We have dove Grand Cayman on two prior occassions using Absolute Divers and DiveTech. Both were satisfactory. However, in trying to make arrangements to dive with them this year, they both indicated that they did not "have a trip" that would allow cruise ship passengers to make a two tank dive with one at Stingray City and one at a nearby wall or divesite.

I have contacted a number of operators, and they also have no dives of this nature that would work with a cruis ship. This is disheartening. My daughter is heartset on diving with the stingrays. I enjoy that as well. Have any of you had any recent good luck to find a dive operator who makes such a trip?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

We are cruising on Liberty 2/7/2010 and are doing a 2 tank with Don's Dive shop. We are also looking for 2 more divers at Costa Maya for a 2 tank dive. cost is $110/ person if we get 4 people total.

We are cruising on Liberty 2/7/2010 and are doing a 2 tank with Don's Dive shop. We are also looking for 2 more divers at Costa Maya for a 2 tank dive. cost is $110/ person if we get 4 people total.

Read here ----> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1040205

The short answer is to check on your roll call ---->http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=334

Archived