Carnival Miracle

OldRockr1

My wife and I are on the Miracle August 3rd out of NYC bound for the Eastern Caribbean. We did a similar cruise last summer on the Liberty out of Miami and enjoyed it immensely so we are looking forward to this year leaving out of our area so we don't have to worry about getting to the port!

We like Carnival so I know what to expect in terms of cruise style but I do have a few questions for those who may know.

Reviews have been generally good concerning the Miracle. Any major differences between Liberty and the Miracle other than the size? My wife and I prefer a slightly smaller boat and since this is just us and no kids we are pretty fleixible about things.

Food on the Liberty was generally good and I assume it will be similar on the Miracle. Is this a good assumption?

How early can you get on the ship. They list the time as 1:00 PM, but I know that might be earlier. We like to get on as early as possible to maximize the day.

We haven't been to Nassau so any info about excursions would be appreciated.

Thanks for any feedback.

We will be on the miracle Jan 2011 down to Aruba, I have the same questions, Food is there a deli and do they show movies at night on the deck? We are taking are three girls with, all of age how is the piano bar? Do they stock the shampoo and conditioner in the showers?

thanks

Here's some light reading for you new Miracle cruisers. I start at the the most recent of these big threads and basically work my way back. But if you have some time to spend, start at the beginning and go all the way through. There are also links to many reviews in there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631682&page=62

Yes, there's a deli. There's a deli on all Carnival ships. You'll find it on the Lido deck, in Horatio's (the buffet). Just have a look at the deck plans. No, there is no movie screen. This ship doesn't have that sort of layout. Again, look at the deck plans.

Haven't sailed out of NY, so no idea about what time you can board there. That info may also be in the All Things Miracle thread.

The Spirit class ships are totally different animals than Carnival's other classes, which are just variations of the same thing, really - Fantasy-class expanded.

I much, much prefer the layout of Miracle. MUCH prefer it. Only thing I liked better on Glory was that there was the Fish & Chips (and the decor was prettier than Miracle).

As for Nassau, you should visit the Bahamas Port of Call board. It seems that about 99% of the people who go there want to visit Atlantis, but that holds zero appeal to me. I've been to Nassau enough times that I now just walk around town. We did a partial self-guided walking tour a couple of years ago that I really enjoyed (up to the fort and Queen's Staircase).

If you click on my name, you can find the links to my two Miracle reviews. Our first Miracle cruise in December 2007 was a special 1-time itinerary (Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk). Just off the 8-day Western last month (Panama, Costa Rica, Belize).

My hopes are to sail all the ships in the Spirit class. I so wish Carnival would consider building more, but that won't happen because all the lines seem to only want bigger, bigger, and bigger.

We will be on the miracle Jan 2011 down to Aruba, I have the same questions, Food is there a deli and do they show movies at night on the deck? We are taking are three girls with, all of age how is the piano bar? Do they stock the shampoo and conditioner in the showers?

thanks

Just got off the Miracle. She is a fantastic ship with a grreat crew. Unfortunately, there isn't a big screen at the pool. The piano player was very disappointing. It was the first time we were on a ship and the piano bar was empty. They do have a deli, very good imho. In the shower they have shampoo and body wash. Not sure if they have conditioner in the basket in the bath room (we brought our own). The CD, from the Bronx, is fantastic, WOO HOO. They have three shows in the Phantom lounge that you don't want to miss, Ticket to Ride, Generations and the Silent Film Skit.:D

Just got off The Miracle today. Great cruise, great food, and great crew. The piano bar is not great, but there are pianists at lounges who are very good. The acuoustics guitarist Jay at the lounge near the dining room is exceptionally good. Crew members and other musicians go to hear him play.

I haven't been on the miracle (although looking at doing the july 2-10 if we decide not to fly to florida) but i was just on the pride, which is a sister ship... i think its a nice layout, i liked the general size and lay out better than fantasy class ships and there is no "dead ends" which made navigating a hell of a lot easier.

nassau is alright the first time... atlantis is really nothing more than an overpriced beach with overpriced restaurants, and a rediculously overpriced water park... we went to the public beach... its called cabbage beach and it was AWESOME... you can take a water taxi across to paradise island and then walk there, or hop on a taxi (its like four bucks) and get dropped off right there... it was clean, safe, and full of tourists. the vendors all require permits, and generally once we denied thier offers of whatever the left us alone. its the same sand and water at atlantis and great.

the big dissapointment about nassau this time around was ALL the shops closed early, so by the time we went back to the ship, got showered, and grabbed a bite to eat everything was closed, sans the harley bar, starbucks, and senor frogs (did that this summer in nassau but not much fun until later in the night, at 7p its not hopping yet).

there are some truly incredible tours of the island, and you can likely hire a taxi for 30 or so dollars and ask them for a tour of nassau... ive heard great thingsn about doing that (getting to eat at real local places, getting to intereact with locals, and see what most tourists don't)

its really all about what interests you. if an overpriced crowded beach suits you, atlantis is great. if not, there are plenty of things to do that won't cost 150+ per person.

I haven't been on the miracle (although looking at doing the july 2-10 if we decide not to fly to florida) but i was just on the pride, which is a sister ship... i think its a nice layout, i liked the general size and lay out better than fantasy class ships and there is no "dead ends" which made navigating a hell of a lot easier.

nassau is alright the first time... atlantis is really nothing more than an overpriced beach with overpriced restaurants, and a rediculously overpriced water park... we went to the public beach... its called cabbage beach and it was AWESOME... you can take a water taxi across to paradise island and then walk there, or hop on a taxi (its like four bucks) and get dropped off right there... it was clean, safe, and full of tourists. the vendors all require permits, and generally once we denied thier offers of whatever the left us alone. its the same sand and water at atlantis and great.

the big dissapointment about nassau this time around was ALL the shops closed early, so by the time we went back to the ship, got showered, and grabbed a bite to eat everything was closed, sans the harley bar, starbucks, and senor frogs (did that this summer in nassau but not much fun until later in the night, at 7p its not hopping yet).

there are some truly incredible tours of the island, and you can likely hire a taxi for 30 or so dollars and ask them for a tour of nassau... ive heard great thingsn about doing that (getting to eat at real local places, getting to intereact with locals, and see what most tourists don't)

its really all about what interests you. if an overpriced crowded beach suits you, atlantis is great. if not, there are plenty of things to do that won't cost 150+ per person.

Going on the Miracle with a CC Group and May!:D Thanks for the heads up on the cabbage!;)

Just got off The Miracle today. Great cruise, great food, and great crew. The piano bar is not great, but there are pianists at lounges who are very good. The acuoustics guitarist Jay at the lounge near the dining room is exceptionally good. Crew members and other musicians go to hear him play.

The Piano Bar was our biggest disappointment. It is the first time we have not seen a full piano bar on one of our cruises. How was the accident in St Kitts. The news said a 30 square yard dent. Was it just a dent or was there a hole in the hull?

Cruising out of NY on the Miracle 6-24:D

Most reviews give her a thumbs up....I'm psyched about the itinerary out of NY....Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and GRand Turk:)

K

Grand Turk and St Thomas are two of our favorite ports. We like to dive in both places. In San Juan, we did a Segway tour and had a blast. I definately give the Miracle the thumbs up.:D

The pizza, and a run for the soft ice cream at midnight divine..food was generally good, but that supper club was out of this world..a must try..soap and conditioner in shower..but you might want to bring your own..I loved the miracle, it was my first cruise I had an aft balcony and love that like crazy now I'm spoiled for them..have a fun cruise..the slide was a blast too..what I was so happy that I brought was the extension cord that you can plug a couple of things into...it stretched all the way to the bathroom a bonus for two women travelling together...

Recent Miracle Cruisers:

Did you by chance do an 8 night cruise to Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize?

Can you tell me what nights were your formal nights?

Thanks so much!

We did the eight day St Maarten, St Kitts and St Lucia run and the elegant nights were the 1st and 3rd sea days.

I was on the Miracle in Dec the ship is unlike any of the other Carnival ships I have been on. There is a disco on the Rivera deck, and the Piano bar is directly above the Sports Bar. I have to agree the Piano bar was a big disappointment it stayed pretty empty but part of the problem was that the Piano player was not playing half the time.

Next to the Sports bar the is a lounge with a great band, as well as the music mentioned just before you enter the dining room (there is only one).

I have been to Nassau once and since I wanted to see the area we hopped a tour from a local in the area where you get off the boat. There are many locals with vans offering tours. We were able to negoiate a price and then waited a few minutes until he filled up the van. I believe we spent about $20 or $25 for the 3 hour tour. I might of done a walking tour but I was with my Mom who is 83 so this worked out well.

We're thinking about booking a Miracle cruise in Sept.2010. Does anyone know any details or have pics of a cat. 4k stateroom? That's the interior with french doors and an obstructed view. I know that the lifeboats are the obstruction, but I'd love to see some pics of that category. Thanks!!!!!

Grand Turk and St Thomas are two of our favorite ports. We like to dive in both places. In San Juan, we did a Segway tour and had a blast. I definately give the Miracle the thumbs up.:D

Awesome.....Did you go to Megans Bay...I was going to go to Saphire Beach....but how can I NOT go to Megans Bay. Our ship docks at 7am....i figured if i get up early...LOL...and get to the beach by 930....i might beat the crowds...and get my spot:D

As for Grand Turk....did you stay at Margaritaville with the pool and beach???....or did you do a snorkeling trip. I have an 8yr old daughter so I am nervous about a snorkel trip.

Thanks

K

We're thinking about booking a Miracle cruise in Sept.2010. Does anyone know any details or have pics of a cat. 4k stateroom? That's the interior with french doors and an obstructed view. I know that the lifeboats are the obstruction, but I'd love to see some pics of that category. Thanks!!!!!

We have a 4K booked on both our upcoming cruises. I think I found a picture on webshots. Just search for Miracle 4K room. Or, you can wait til I get back in May, since I'll post pictures then!

Archived