Which Deck to Choose

borg1of2

I would like some input from those that have now sailed and walked around Oasis which deck to choose. With cabins being spread across so many decks now are there decks to stay away from due to noise or obstructions, for balcony?

I read on another thread about the boring long walk, but someone said it's better to drop down to a different deck when walking from forward to aft or vice versa.

Thanks

Scott

I tend to stay away from decks where there are public areas such as lounges/dining rooms above or below. I would look at something around decks nine or ten.

As far as the "boring" walk. While you may be walking down a long hallway of nothing but cabins, it does not take long and is usually less congested.

IMO with Oasis being so large, given the choice I would take either a high or low deck....in the middle is going to be an elevator ride either up or down....I would however stay away from most anything on deck 14 as it's under to much public space.

Elevator access was the best of any ship I've been on. We were on 11 and very happy there.

That I believe is going to vary from sailing to sailing a bit;)I was on 10 and didn't find much of a problem but on later sailing that have been at full capacity and tons of kids I have heard otherwise...if given the choice it's always better IMO to be able to walk either up to the pool or down to the promenade....the latter especially in the evening after dinner and shows.

We loved our location on Deck 7. The stairs/elevator were right outside our cabin ( D8 - 7266) and one deck down was Boarkwalk, Aqua Theater. One deck up was Central Park. Deck 5 was Dining Rooms. The only thing we walked forward for was the Opal Theater. The pools were an easy elevator ride. Great location.

Deck 8 Deck 8 Deck 8 ... back and forth through Central Park ... amazing! :D

We were on Deck 12, right in the middle. Never waited very long for elevators however boring walk through halls going front or back.

Deck 8 might be a great idea as you get to walk through park.

I would like some input from those that have now sailed and walked around Oasis which deck to choose. With cabins being spread across so many decks now are there decks to stay away from due to noise or obstructions, for balcony?

I read on another thread about the boring long walk, but someone said it's better to drop down to a different deck when walking from forward to aft or vice versa.

Thanks

Scott

Just got off the Oasis ,we were on deck 8,ocean view balcony, 21 people all agree that this would be the only floor we would book onto again,Central Park was great ,our favorite place.

Just got off the Oasis ,we were on deck 8,ocean view balcony, 21 people all agree that this would be the only floor we would book onto again,Central Park was great ,our favorite place.
When you go out the balcony cabin door on deck 8, are you right in central park, or are you walking out your cabin into a hall that you go down to get out to central park?

When you go out the balcony cabin door on deck 8, are you right in central park, or are you walking out your cabin into a hall that you go down to get out to central park?

We walked about 30 seconds to get to the entrance of central park .Room 8542.

Thanks for all of the replies. Seems like Deck 8 is a favorite. Is there still a hallway to walk as well as walking through the park? Just curious about the noise that would come from people in the park if you had a room that opened up to it.

Thanks for all of the replies. Seems like Deck 8 is a favorite. Is there still a hallway to walk as well as walking through the park? Just curious about the noise that would come from people in the park if you had a room that opened up to it.

The cabins don't open directly onto Central Park. You have to walk down the hall, then turn into foyer where the elevators are to access Central Park. Hope this helps.

We were on Deck 7 in a PR cabin port side. Loved the cabin. Excellent for people watching down on the Royal Promenade. The only down side, is that these cabins are under Central Park, and in our case under the seating outside Park Cafe. The sliding of chairs all day and into the night was loud. We weren't in our cabin enough for it to bother us, but if one were to be there more, it could be an issue for them.

The cabins don't open directly onto Central Park. You have to walk down the hall, then turn into foyer where the elevators are to access Central Park. Hope this helps.

We were on Deck 7 in a PR cabin port side. Loved the cabin. Excellent for people watching down on the Royal Promenade. The only down side, is that these cabins are under Central Park, and in our case under the seating outside Park Cafe. The sliding of chairs all day and into the night was loud. We weren't in our cabin enough for it to bother us, but if one were to be there more, it could be an issue for them.

We are booked for PR room 7605...are all PR rooms under Central Park? Did the noise continue LATE (as in past midnight) into the night?:eek:

We are booked for PR room 7605...are all PR rooms under Central Park? Did the noise continue LATE (as in past midnight) into the night?:eek:

We were in 7102. Exact location, only port side. I think you will be ok. 7605 appears to be under Givonni's Table. That said, there is still the seating area outside, and the chairs are wrought iron, so when they are moved, you know it. I would say the latest we heard the noise was 1 am or so.

We were Deck 7 hump JS portside. Location was perfect. Aft elevators were close, and it was an easy walk down to the promenade and Boardwalk and up to Central Park.

We usually book on upper decks, but were upgraded to JS, so ended up on 7, and am glad it worked out that way.

We're booked again in April. We're going hump again, this time on 9.

We were in 7102. Exact location, only port side. I think you will be ok. 7605 appears to be under Givonni's Table. That said, there is still the seating area outside, and the chairs are wrought iron, so when they are moved, you know it. I would say the latest we heard the noise was 1 am or so.

Thanks for the info! Was noise from the promenade a problem? We are sensitive-ear people! My alternative is Deck 11 in a forward (way forward) cabin but I'm a little concerned about getting seasick..

any suggestions?

Thanks for the info! Was noise from the promenade a problem? We are sensitive-ear people! My alternative is Deck 11 in a forward (way forward) cabin but I'm a little concerned about getting seasick..

any suggestions?

No noise at all from the Royal Promanade. During the parades, we could hear a little muffled music. But it was barely noticable, and they only have two parades. One the first night was just after sailaway. Lala Palooza was early evening on the four day cruise, but on the inaugural, it was the morning of the last day( Nassau) Not sure which they stuck with. I have some pics of 7102 if you would like to see them. The window seat was wonderful for people watching.

On all our Oasis cruises, we barely ever felt the ship moving. Only a little the last couple nights. Good luck. Where ever you end up, you'll love Oasis!

OasisCritterCruisepics174.jpg

OasisCritterCruisepics154.jpg

Last week I stayed in 7166 which was right next to the forward port side elevator bank. Perfect location for us... one flight of stairs up to Central Park, two decks down to the Promenade. We didn't take an elevator much at all. Also a quick ride up from the jazz club on deck 4 which was a favorite hangout of ours after dinner.

Archived