Tour operators - Ken's? Bumpiing?

italyforme

I'm looking at options for Dominica for our group of four, and there are several references to Ken's Hinterland Tours but I can't find any more recent than 2008. Has anyone had more recent experience? Also finding good reports for Bumpiing Tours...we're looking for a tour that includes the Tram and the Titou gorge with another stop or two if possible.

Bill

We would highly recommend Levi at levibaron@bumpiingtours.com. Spent a morning with him on January 11th. He was really on his game, getting us to all the sights before the group tours from the ships arrived. Saw great places especially the Titou Gorge. He was very professional, had a new clean van and we felt very safe and comfortable with him. He knows his island and will be a wonderful host. Sue

we just returned from our Jan. 24th cruise, we used Levi's bumping tours while in Dominica, We had a great time, we were unable to swim Tito gorge due the the heavy rains, we did walked the short distance up to view the falls. We did get to the warm water pools and to champagne reef. Our guide was Alvin, he was very nice. The tour was great, we had 6 great people in our group; this was much nicer than a large group. I would definately use Levi again.

If you prefer a private tour, I can highly recommend Beno from Beno's Nature Tours. We have used his service twice and have been thoroughly pleased both times. Beno may charge a little more (roughly $60 per person) but he provides a level of service above and beyond. He is also extremely knowledgable about his home island and could create a custom itinerary to meet your needs and desires.

On our first trip he arranged an island tour with a visit to Mr. Nice's Fruit Stand, a rainforest tour, a visit to Screw's Spa and snorkeling at Champagne Reef (we had our own gear). This past trip (Janaury 26th) we returned to Mr. Nice's, visited Trafalgar Falls and returned to Screw's for a relaxing soak in the sulhpur pools. He is very open to crafting a custom itinerary and, according to a conversation we had with him, has chosen to specialize in custom tours.

His service far exceeded our expectations. Due to some localized flooding he opted to not put us at risk driving across a raging torrent (which covered the bridge normally used to access Wotten Waven) and took us the other way around. I have never felt safer than I have with Beno at the wheel. Not to mention the ice cold Kubuli beer was also a delight.

Guest Indigogarden

Don't assume that Levi won't do a tour with stops you want. It's best to check with him and ask. There are a lot of good guides on Dominica as shown by comments here.........we've only toured with Levi.

I did the entire day Levi Baron thing I was solo I rode shotgun with Levi back in Dec. 2008 we had a BLAST!!! Genuinely one of the best tours in the Carib. the Emerald Pool is AWESOME, went to the falls and stopped everywhere, drank all day our bus was packed and everybody had a great time. $50(tour)$25(tip)$75 total cant wait to do it again. Hope that helps Todd

If you prefer a private tour, I can highly recommend Beno from Beno's Nature Tours. We have used his service twice and have been thoroughly pleased both times. Beno may charge a little more (roughly $60 per person) but he provides a level of service above and beyond. He is also extremely knowledgable about his home island and could create a custom itinerary to meet your needs and desires.

On our first trip he arranged an island tour with a visit to Mr. Nice's Fruit Stand, a rainforest tour, a visit to Screw's Spa and snorkeling at Champagne Reef (we had our own gear). This past trip (Janaury 26th) we returned to Mr. Nice's, visited Trafalgar Falls and returned to Screw's for a relaxing soak in the sulhpur pools. He is very open to crafting a custom itinerary and, according to a conversation we had with him, has chosen to specialize in custom tours.

His service far exceeded our expectations. Due to some localized flooding he opted to not put us at risk driving across a raging torrent (which covered the bridge normally used to access Wotten Waven) and took us the other way around. I have never felt safer than I

have with Beno at the wheel. Not to mention the ice cold Kubuli beer was also a delight.

We too have used BENO twice.........you cannot go wrong with him...he is the BEST!

I posted my review of Beno's tour but it was removed from CC because it wasn't it response to a request, so I am posting it again. I would highly recommend Beno to anyone interested in getting the most out of touring Dominica. We were on one of his regular tours 2 years ago & had such a great time that we booked him again this year. First I have to say that I am an extremely nervous passenger (probably due to my husband’s driving) & had heard that the roads in Dominica are very narrow, steep, twisty & in need of repair. Beno is an incredibly safe driver who knows his island like the back of his hand & will take alternate routes when he knows there may be a problem such as flooding or too many cruise ships in port lending to traffic jams & I felt completely safe. He is extremely knowledgable about Dominica, pointing out anything & everything along the way & providing the history behind everything you see. The first time he took us to Trafalgar Falls, Ti Tou Gorge, Botanical Gardens, Fresh Water Lake, Mr. Nice Fruit Stand & Mero Beach. This time we decided to just go to Screw’s Spa for the sulphur springs, Champagne Reef for the snorkeling & a black sand beach for some relaxation before going back to the ship. Since this was a custom tour, he suggested getting some other people to join us which would make it more affordable for all of us which turned out perfectly ($40 pp)! He even included cold beer & ice cold water for us. His email is bnpascal@gmail.com. Dominica is an absolutely beautiful island with so many natural wonders & having Beno as your tour guide will make it a perfect day.

Archived