SD2 Review (San Juan to St. Thomas)

ctbjr1309

Here is a link to a new review of Voyage 21003 (Jan. 10-17)

http://luxurycruisebible.blogspot.com/2010/02/seadream-ii-review-san-juan-to-st.html.

Since the scheduled itinerary was the same as ours (Voyage 21005; Jan. 24-31) and the staff on board were mostly the same, I am taking the liberty of posting this link in lieu of writing a full review of our trip. I will, however, add a couple of comments:

First, we missed several ports (Saba, Marigot and Jost Van Dyke) due to swells. The weather was generally good and Capt. Tysse did an excellent job of replacing the missed ports with comparable substitutes including Yacht Haven Grand on St. Thomas, anchoring off of Water Island, USVI, Norman and Peter Island in the BVI and replacing Jost with Prickly Pear for the beach party. We also enjoyed nearly 2 full days in St. Barths, which was a nice treat.

With Capt. Tysse and Christophe Cornu (Executive Hotel Manager) on board, we experienced absolutely exceptional service throughout the cruise. Also, the food was outstanding - some said better than ever.

One final item of interest for those of you who have had bad experiences disembarking at St. Thomas. We decided to be a bit bold with scheduling our return home yesterday. 4 of us booked the 9:10 AM AA flight to MIA and 2 of our group booked the 8:48 AM DL flight to ATL. We docked around 7:30 AM, Customs and Immigration boarded shortly after that. We were off the ship and loaded into a cab at 7:40 and seated in the boarding area less than 30 minutes after that. I won't bore you with the details but do want to make note of the fact that it is possible under the right circumstances.

I'll conclude on that note but am happy to address any specific questions.

Archived