Taxi from Fr. Lauderdale to Port of Miami

CarolR

SAS and other shuttle services usually charge $16 per person each way. If you are travelling with your family it may be cheaper to rent a car for the day; AVIS, HERTZ and ENTERPRISE have downtown Miami locations near POM. Good luck!:)

SAS and other shuttle services usually charge $16 per person each way. If you are travelling with your family it may be cheaper to rent a car for the day; AVIS, HERTZ and ENTERPRISE have downtown Miami locations near POM. Good luck!:)

2 questions:

1) how many people can fit into a shuttle?

2) how much would it cost for a group of 14 to get from FLL -> port of Miami?

Contact SAS - for a group of 14 + bags they may need to send two vans. Some have reported getting a small group discount of $1-2 per person off of the typical $16 fare; that would put the total for your group around $200 - please remember to tip your driver(s).:D Good luck!:)

Contact SAS - for a group of 14 + bags they may need to send two vans. Some have reported getting a small group discount of $1-2 per person off of the typical $16 fare; that would put the total for your group around $200 - please remember to tip your driver(s).:D Good luck!:)

Cool... this saves us about $34/person off the airline tickets vs flying direct to Miami.

We are also Glory on 3/28 and flying into FLL. DH is looking to book us with SAS.

Just another alternative which we love to do is to take the train (Tri Rail). We take it from FLL airport & you can either take it to MIA airport, or take it all the way to Bayside.

Cheap, easy, & very relaxing!!

Cool... this saves us about $34/person off the airline tickets vs flying direct to Miami.

If I can make a suggestion, contact Holland Limousines. We've used them before and are using them again in April. A 10 pax. stretch limo is $112 including gratuity from FLL to Miami. You could put 7 in each and get two of them for $224. It would be so much nicer than a shuttle and you're talking about a total of $24 more than for a shuttle service. And Holland is a wonderful company. Very reputable, limos are spotlessly clean, drivers professional, etc.

http://www.hollandlimousine.com/

we used SAS for our cruise last week...i would use them again....the driver was contacting us while we were waiting for our bags...within minutes i was calling him back he was telling us where to go and few minutes later picking us up....IF i fly FLL again we will use SAS

If I can make a suggestion, contact Holland Limousines. We've used them before and are using them again in April. A 10 pax. stretch limo is $112 including gratuity from FLL to Miami. You could put 7 in each and get two of them for $224. It would be so much nicer than a shuttle and you're talking about a total of $24 more than for a shuttle service. And Holland is a wonderful company. Very reputable, limos are spotlessly clean, drivers professional, etc.

http://www.hollandlimousine.com/

very interesting. i'll look into this, i'm concerned about if they have enough room in the limo for all of our bags....

we used SAS for our cruise last week...i would use them again....the driver was contacting us while we were waiting for our bags...within minutes i was calling him back he was telling us where to go and few minutes later picking us up....IF i fly FLL again we will use SAS

seem's like enough people on here have used and have been satisfied with SAS.

Tri-rail is another option but then I still have to pay for a cab (which is about $15-25/cab)

very interesting. i'll look into this, i'm concerned about if they have enough room in the limo for all of our bags....

seem's like enough people on here have used and have been satisfied with SAS.

Tri-rail is another option but then I still have to pay for a cab (which is about $15-25/cab)

If you got two 10-passenger stretch limos, you would easily fit seven adults with luggage. For the price compared to a shared shuttle, you can't go wrong.

Will SAS drop you off at any of the Miami port area hotels or just directly to the port ? We are staying the night before the cruise in Miami but flying into FLL so we need to get dropped off at whatever hotel I book. Probably in the Miami port area.

Archived