Advice needed - last minute cruise

Grannycb

DH found a cruise on the Ocean Princess he is very interested in taking. The problem is it leaves on Feb. 20, 2010 from Shanghai, China. Is there enough time to arrange for a visa and air? Is the Princess insurance adequate for a trip this far from home? I've had no time to do research so any thoughts on this cruise would be very helpful.

As far as visa and air, you might want to talk to a TA about that to help you make any arrangements. As far as the Princess Insurance, I hear very good things about it. We took it when we went to Alaska and are again with the pacific nw. We have not done a big overseas with Princess, but reading about the insurance plan for the dollar amount of the cruise, etc, it should probably be fine. Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions you are concerned about or is the insurnace just a precaution as it should be?

You have time, but need to get busy. There are many companies to help you get your VISA... one is cibt dot com That will help get you started with what you need to do, how long it will take, cost, etc.

As far as air goes, you might not have many options at this date...find out what Princess charges and then do a quick search...Princess might have the best price at this late date.

Good luck, and have fun!

If it is a flash promo you may not be able to get Princess Ins.

And if I remember correctly, that will also be the case if the OP plans to get airfare. If it's a flash promo, it won't be able to be purchased through Princess but will have to be bought independently, which at this late date could really be very expensive.

The writer should check with their TA as I was able to book this cruise with air (yeah it was expensive), transfers, and insurance even today.

BTW - nice pricing on this last minute cruise!!

And if I remember correctly, that will also be the case if the OP plans to get airfare. If it's a flash promo, it won't be able to be purchased through Princess ...

I also got this email. One of the highlights they were touting was the 'low air-fare add-on's from selected gateways'. I checked my west coast city and it was $1549 - pretty good for a last minute flight to/from Asia.

Thanks for the advice. DH couldn't get past the long flight so we aren't going. It will be a wonderful trip for those who are lucky enough to go. Hope someone comes back and writes a review.

BTW - CC doesn't have a place to post reviews for Ocean Princess. Wonder when it will be added?

Thanks for the advice. DH couldn't get past the long flight so we aren't going. It will be a wonderful trip for those who are lucky enough to go. Hope someone comes back and writes a review.

BTW - CC doesn't have a place to post reviews for Ocean Princess. Wonder when it will be added?

Since the Ocean Princess sailed under the name Tahitian Princess, it looks like CC still has her listed under that older name. I am sure they will change it very soon. ;)

Since the Ocean Princess sailed under the name Tahitian Princess, it looks like CC still has her listed under that older name. I am sure they will change it very soon. ;)

And maybe Princess will also change all things Tahitian. The web cam for the ship is still under the Tahitian name. http://webcam.princess.com/webcam/tahitian_bridge.jpg

Archived