Best Night for Specialty Restaurant - Millennium 10 Day

neilrr

We were wondering what the best night to go to the Specialty Restaurant on the Millennium 10 Day? We know food is always subjective, but what was the worst night in the MDR -- you know the one with the leftovers? :p

Also, what nights were the formal nights -- it looked like the 2nd night and the 2nd to last night (both Saturdays for our trip).

Any assistance is appreciated.

Hi,

My husband and I taken four Celebrity cruises. On all four we have eaten in the Specialty resturants on the first and last night of all of these cruises. By far the best service is always the first night, for two reasons.

First the staff really goes all out on the first night because the staff wants good word of mouth pass on by you to increase interest during the rest of the cruises. Also the first night is quite empty because many people are tried from traveling and do not want to dress up.

sailnjmom

We are just back from 10 fabulous days on the Millennium and did the speciality restaurant on the third night and felt that was the best date. As well we also did the special wine dinner later in the week, if you like great wine and food this truly a great meal.

We are just back from 10 fabulous days on the Millennium and did the speciality restaurant on the third night and felt that was the best date. As well we also did the special wine dinner later in the week, if you like great wine and food this truly a great meal.

Thank you for the information. What made you decide on the 3rd night -the menu? Which night (besdie the formal nights) had the rack of lamb? I hate to miss that. What nights were your formal nights? We know one is the 2nd night; what was the other?

Hi,

My husband and I taken four Celebrity cruises. On all four we have eaten in the Specialty resturants on the first and last night of all of these cruises. By far the best service is always the first night, for two reasons.

First the staff really goes all out on the first night because the staff wants good word of mouth pass on by you to increase interest during the rest of the cruises. Also the first night is quite empty because many people are tried from traveling and do not want to dress up.

sailnjmom

You are right -- but we don't like to go on those nights you suggested as we like to meet the people at our MDR table (see if we want to stay, etc..) and to meet the wait staff and the last night many time we get friendly with table-mates and like to spend the last night together. We also have to fly in this time to San Juan, so I am also not keen on dressing up either the 1st night.. But I do see your reasoning...

Neil

Thank you for the information. What made you decide on the 3rd night -the menu? Which night (besdie the formal nights) had the rack of lamb? I hate to miss that. What nights were your formal nights? We know one is the 2nd night; what was the other

We chose the 3rd night because, 1st night to meet our new table mates, 2nd night was formal, so this was the first night we could go, the food in the MDR was excellent every night but the Olympic is worth every penny. The 2nd formal night was Aruba for us.

Hi,

sailnjmom

This will be our first cruise coming up this September for 10 days. We depart on Friday and End on a Monday. I made reservations for the first and second Sundays. I figured the at Sea days at formal and we don't want to miss that. The last Sunday is our last night. Since we are celebrating our 25h anniversary and renewing our vows - it will be a night to reflect on our vacation.

We chose the 3rd night because, 1st night to meet our new table mates, 2nd night was formal, so this was the first night we could go, the food in the MDR was excellent every night but the Olympic is worth every penny. The 2nd formal night was Aruba for us.

Cnd Cruiser - Glad to hear the food was very good in MDR. We have always been pleased. This will be our 4th cruise on Millie. I figured based on the itinerary, the second formal night would be on the second Saturday night in Aruba. We love the Olympic too.:) I like a specialty restaurant that is like Olympic for a "Special Night or Occasion" -- not that you have to be forced into a specialty restaurant to get a decent meal (i.e. NCL)

Thanks for your help..

Neil

Archived