Cabin 1134 Century

bridmo

We have cabin 1134 booked for our next cruise, I can let you know afterwards.

Thanks for that, we haven't been on Celebrity before so don't know what to expect? Some say it's to noisy and overlooked from the bar above?

Hope you have a good trip :)

We just got back from the Century. Unfortunately we can look down from the Sunset bar onto your balcony. There is a covering so we cant see your lounge chairs but we can see the table and chairs. Were on the same floor but were CC and had no issues with the noise. We heard an occasional laugh but that was about it. But we loved the location one floor up to all the food and 4 or 5 floors to the dining room (depending on where you get sat).

• 1 year later...
Thanks for that, we haven't been on Celebrity before so don't know what to expect? Some say it's to noisy and overlooked from the bar above?

Hope you have a good trip :)

As long as you are before final payment, you should be able to change your cabin at no charge as long as you stay in the same class (c1, c3,...)....so if you are concerned about this cabin there are likely other options.

Generally, we avoid the deck right below bars, pools, restaurants because of the noise. We started doing this after being directly under the gym where they started spinning classes at 6:30AM....never again :)

Is this a Century Suite? DH and I were in 1144 (I think) it it was a suite right below the bar area.

I loved this suite! We heard no noise from the bar above, and from the bar area, only about 1/3 of the balcony is visible, and the balcony is HUGE. Plus, on the nights there was a live musician at the bar, we could hear him play while we had wine on our balcony.

Some Pics of our suite:

9kr03b_th.jpg

2dub9xe_th.jpg

We were in 1134 for a 15 night Panama Canal cruise a few months ago. We LOVED the cabin. Yes, people can look down on your balcony from the Sunset Bar if they are standing/sitting at the edge of the bar. They can see about 2/3 of the balcony. The reality is, people rarely stood at the edge of the bar, and we did not feel like we were being watched. People stood there to look out at the water/scenery, not at the people on the balcony below. We spent many, many hours on the balcony, and ate many breakfasts and lunches on the balcony. We never felt "watched," which had been a concern of mine. The stairs were right outside our door, which made it very easy to hop up to the food. :D

We were also a bit concerned about the smoke since smoking is allowed at the Sunset Bar. However, smoking is allowed on the port side, and this cabin is the last cabin on the starboard side. Smoke was not an issue. As far as noise, there was some talking during the day, but again, it was not annoying. And people did not tend to hang out there much after dark.

We loved the cabin and love being at the back to watch the wake. But, whatever you choose, you are on a cruise...it will be great!

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a 14 day Alaska repo on the Century. Had room 1134. These are just my thoughts: room is smaller than a regular suite. It had an regular swinging door rather than a sliding door to balcony. I like the swinging door better than the sliding door as it was much quieter and did not squeak. We definitely heard chairs being moved across the deck above and found it very annoying. This balcony was the largest of the NS aft suites. The best thing about this room was that you went out the door, to the right and out on deck which had stairs directly up to the buffet deck above. Took less than a minute to get to the buffet which is just so handy. Some trash was blown from tables above to our balcony, but not a lot and it caused no problem. I would not book this room again simply because of the annoying noise from people moving chairs on the deck above. Also, the balcony is about 1/3 covered by overhang, but rest of it is open to those standing at the rail on deck above so if privacy is an issue for you, pass on this room.

Karon

Just noticed that this room is on the same deck as the major suites. The two penthouse suites and several royal suites are at midship and are right under a grill and pool area. If you have stayed in one of these, did you hear a lot of noise at night? If so, it is strange that a ship designer would locate these very high priced suites in that area.

I honestly cannot understand why designers of these ships would not realize that the rooms directly under the pool and buffet area would need a little more insulation from the noise above them such as chairs being moved in the buffet and loungers around the pool area being pull around by staff and cruisers. Although there are high priced rooms under these areas, the price should not matter. It is simply a matter of a better design. I often wonder if any of the designers of these ships has ever spent a night in the rooms we are referring to? Perhaps, in the future, they might consider a cruise in a room on the Penthouse deck (directly under the pool and buffet) to open their eyes to the importance of a quiet room or lack there of due to the noise from the above deck.

Karon

Archived