Celebrity and RCI programs

Curious if they reconize each others frequent cruising programs. If you took a Celebrity cruise (or vice versa), would it go towards credit to C and A status?

Thanks in advance!

No you must earn levels within each loyalty program, they cannot be combined.

How do I receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club? s.gif

As a benefit of Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club. If you are currently a member of both loyalty programs, you will automatically be upgraded based on your highest membership level between the two. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically upgraded to the Select level in the Captain's Club. And if you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club, and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises, call the Loyalty Service Center at 800-526-9723 to enroll in equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve.

Does the Celebrity Captain's Club program and Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor program still have reciprocity?

Yes. Captain's Club Select will still receive Platinum benefits and Elite will still receive Diamond benefits when sailing on Royal Caribbean International. The same will hold true for Crown and Anchor members when sailing on Celebrity and Azamara.

Curious if they reconize each others frequent cruising programs. If you took a Celebrity cruise (or vice versa), would it go towards credit to C and A status?

Thanks in advance!

No, you cannot combine credits. They will however grant you reciprocal status once you make at least the second level of one of the loyalty programs. For example, if you are Platinum with Royal Caribbean (their second level) you will be recognized as Select with Celebrity (their second level) even if you have never sailed with Celebrity. If you are only Gold with Crown & Anchor or Classic with Captain's Club (the lowest levels) you will not be reognized with the other line on your first sailing with them.

Thanks in advance!

Cruise credits earned on one line do not count towards those on another. That is, if you start with five RCCL credits and take a Celebrity cruise, your RCCL credits remain at five. You are, however, given whatever the comparable perks are.

Platinum C&A members get Celebrity's Select perks

Diamond C&A members get Celebrity's Elite perks

and vice versa

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000z05BiiRNZljWOliSdSpxcIU:12h3rnd1c?faqSubjectName=Loyalty+Program%2FCaptains+Club&faqId=3689&pagename=faq_answers

RCI and X each have their own frequent cruiser packages. You can not add accumulated points from X to RCI or vise versa.

If you have reached a platinum or Diamond membership on ,say, RCI you will have the equivelant status on X and can share the onboard ammenities.

You will not be able to use RCI's balcony discount.

So somewhat like an airline frequent flyer program. I'm a United member and most airlines form certain alliances so if you fly on one of the partners, you get credit toward status. The cruise lines sound like they recognize your status (if they are partnered) but won't give you credit towards either program. Interesting.

Appreciate the feedback.

The cruise lines sound like they recognize your status (if they are partnered) but won't give you credit towards either program. Interesting.

Not quite. You will get cruise credits for whichever line you are actually sailing, be it RC or Celebrity. But if you have a certain level of status with the other line, you'll get some perks from the line you're sailing even if you don't actually have status with that line. Clear as mud? Here's an example:

• I am a diamond C&A member, since I have 10+ cruise credits on RC, but I have never sailed on Celebrity so I have no status with them.
  • If I book a cruise on Celebrity, I will earn a Celebrity cruise credit. (I will not earn a RC cruise credit, just Celebrity, since that's the line I'm actually sailing on)
  • However, while onboard my Celebrity cruise, I will be treated as though I have 10+ Celebrity cruise credits since I am a RC diamond (10+) member.

Hope that clarifies things!

Thanks Meg. By receiving credit, I meant Celebrity wouln't apply a credit towards RCI CA program. That's the one part that doesn't resemble a airline loyalty program.

As I mentioned prior, I'm a United frequent flyer (Premier Executive). United is part of the Star Alliance program which includes many other airlines (such as US Airways). So, if I were to fly US Airways and as an example, accrue 5000 miles for a flight, those flight miles would apply to my United Mileage account, not US Airways. All those miles would go towards flight redemptions and status on United. I'd also be recognized as having Gold status (US Airways equivalent to Premier Executive) on US Airways.

But RCI and Celebrity seem to only recognize your status on either/or so you can reap the perk benefits. If I sail Celebrity and want that cruise credit to apply towards RCI program, not happening or vice versa. Again interesting to me since they are owned by same company (as oppose to airlines who have alliance programs)

Learning as I go along, good stuff. :)

Thanks!

So, I guess this means if I have achieved the second level of tier status with Celebrity, there may be some perks I am entitled to on my first RCCL cruise? Sure hope so....

If so, what might these perks include? Will we be invited to the repeat cruisers party? Anything else I might be able to look forward to on RCCL? How do I go about informing RCCL of my tier status on Celebrity?

Sounds promising....

So, I guess this means if I have achieved the second level of tier status with Celebrity, there may be some perks I am entitled to on my first RCCL cruise? Sure hope so....

If so, what might these perks include? Will we be invited to the repeat cruisers party? Anything else I might be able to look forward to on RCCL? How do I go about informing RCCL of my tier status on Celebrity?

Sounds promising....

If you are Select with celebrity, you will be recognized as Platinum on Royal Caribbean. You need to call the Crown & Anchor Society (their number is on Royal Caribbean's website) to register with them before your cruise. The perks are also listed on Royal's web site.

If you are Select with celebrity, you will be recognized as Platinum on Royal Caribbean. You need to call the Crown & Anchor Society (their number is on Royal Caribbean's website) to register with them before your cruise. The perks are also listed on Royal's web site.

This is great advice. I didn't even think there would be any reciprocity until I ran across this thread quite by accident. I now wonder if Carnival Corp does the same thing with Princess, HAL, etc. We have most of our cruises with them and have enjoyed complimentary internet and such. Really looking forward to a few of the perks on Royal even though this will be our first sailing with them. thanks for the quick response...will definitely be calling the Crown and Anchor Society.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok....

sooooooo

Say you have been on 1 RCCL cruise...BUT you have been on 12 Celebrity cruises..... Celebrity in theory has no equivalent to Diamond Plus...so once you reach Elite on Celebrity the best you can do is Diamond on RCCL correct? If true, how many cruises on RCCL will you have to take to reach Diamond +?

Ok....

sooooooo

Say you have been on 1 RCCL cruise...BUT you have been on 12 Celebrity cruises..... Celebrity in theory has no equivalent to Diamond Plus...so once you reach Elite on Celebrity the best you can do is Diamond on RCCL correct? If true, how many cruises on RCCL will you have to take to reach Diamond +?

You are correct, Celebrity's top tier, at present, is Elite, On RCI it is Diamond Plus. However, IMHO, you get better benefits being Elite on Celebrity than you do being Diamond Plus on RCI.

It's not the number of cruises that determines your level in C&A, but the number of credits earned.

You need, at present, 10 cruise credits to reach Diamond and 24 credits to reach Diamond Plus.

You earn, at present.........

1 cruise credit for completing a sailing

1 crusie credit for sailing in a JS cabin or above

1 crusie credit for sailings of 12+ nights or longer.

The maximum number of credits you can earn on any one sailing is 3 if you sail in a JS cabin or above and your curise is 12+ nights or longer.

You can reach D+ status pretty quickly if you plan it right.

Ok....

sooooooo

Even if you are enrolled as Diamond with C&A because of your Elite status, it´s your actual cruise credits on Royal that count towards D+, so you need the entire 24 cruise credits on Royal to get to D+, even with starting as a Diamond member. Or in other words they make you DIamond but not give you 10 cruise credits.

Even if you are enrolled as Diamond with C&A because of your Elite status, it´s your actual cruise credits on Royal that count towards D+, so you need the entire 24 cruise credits on Royal to get to D+, even with starting as a Diamond member. Or in other words they make you DIamond but not give you 10 cruise credits.

Thanks.......

So in a perfect world the smart cruiser (balancing cost....) would take 5 Celebrity cruises in a Concierge Class room and hit Elite pretty quick..then go to RCCL and enjoy the Diamond status until they reach the Diamond Plus level.

Ken

Archived