Tell me about disembarking (Spirit)

MaiTaiMary

Well.....I cant answer for how they disembark in Alaska....but as for San Diego I should tell you that they dont do self-disembark as you have to walk down a series of stairs! (too tricky wih your suitcases) So the first people off would be zones 1 to 4 or 5 (usually VIP) and working up from there. People who have early flights can go to the help desk and get a lower number if they can show proof of an early flight.

I know people who have done self disembark in San Diego. They don't encourage it but they won't stop you from doing it. It would only be possible if you have a small amount of easy to carry luggage.

No they won't stop you from doing it. But little advantage since there is no call for self debarkation. You get off same time as zone 1/2.

How are zones for embarkation and debarkation determined? I know that I get VIP boarding because we are sailing in an aft-wrap suite...but I thought that was the only perk that came with the suite.

Zones are by deck. I think they start high and work their way down. We were on deck 4 and had a higher number. But we had an 11:30 flight so they gave us zone 2.

How are zones for embarkation and debarkation determined? I know that I get VIP boarding because we are sailing in an aft-wrap suite...but I thought that was the only perk that came with the suite.

They give suites group 1 or 2 for disembarkation and then everyone else gets groups 3 through about 30 or so depending or deck.

Thanks for the info, but can somebody back up for me, please? :o

I'm a little confused...

How do you know what zone you are in?

Since it looks like we can't "self disembark" in San Diego, what do we do with our bags? How are they taken for us?

We just pick them up at the pier when we get off? Are they organized by zone?

So once you have a "zone", they call it out on a loudspeaker and then that group leaves?

Thanks for the info, but can somebody back up for me, please? :o

I'm a little confused...

How do you know what zone you are in? You are given zone tags the night before departure...as previously stated can be anywhere from 1-30 suites and VIP get zone 1, early flights get 2-3, beaware, if you tell them you have an early flight they usually want to see your flight information, which most likely was already filled in on your Funpass

Since it looks like we can't "self disembark" in San Diego, what do we do with our bags? How are they taken for us? Bags are left outside your cabin door the night before, anytime up till midnight..crew collects and keeps them till they are off loaded the next morning.

We just pick them up at the pier when we get off? Are they organized by zone? Yes they are in a warehouse grouped by zone #'s..

So once you have a "zone", they call it out on a loudspeaker and then that group leaves Yes [/quote]

In December they didn't do an official self debarkation, but many people were dragging there own luggage and trying to get off first...the gangway was a mess and crew were trying to get the area cleared..they were "firmly discouraging" those dragging luggage from cutting into the debarkation line..it was a MESS...

The cabin steward leaves the luggage zone tags in the room. And for us, once we were off the ship we walked though this large white tent type thing and the luggage is in groups by zone. There are porters in there too waiting to help if you want it.

Once you get your luggage there was one person standing outside the tent collecting everybody's custom form. Past that are the cabs, cars, shuttles, etc.

So once you have a "zone", they call it out on a loudspeaker and then that group leaves?

There will be announcements by the cruise director during the morning. Sort of keeping you up to date with whats going on. Then eventually they start announcing what zones should proceed to deck 2 for debarkation.

Archived