Anyone selected "upgrade" on the Early Saver form?

Rachel302

I've filled out the price drop form 4 times this week (WOOHOO!) and each time I pick "OBC" versus "Upgrade" because its only $20 or so at a time (up to $300 total for 2 people now) and I don't think I have enough built up to upgrade to anything. There isn't anything I can currently book online that has dropped even close to the price that I originally paid for my room.

If I pick "Upgrade" do they just say sorry you don't qualify, or do they offer me some kind of deal? Has anyone tried this?

I've filled out the price drop form 4 times this week (WOOHOO!) and each time I pick "OBC" versus "Upgrade" because its only $20 or so at a time (up to $300 total for 2 people now) and I don't think I have enough built up to upgrade to anything. There isn't anything I can currently book online that has dropped even close to the price that I originally paid for my room.

If I pick "Upgrade" do they just say sorry you don't qualify, or do they offer me some kind of deal? Has anyone tried this?

The rate for a cabin category above yours has to drop below your current rate, to get upgraded to that higher cabin category. ken

The rate for a cabin category above yours has to drop below your current rate, to get upgraded to that higher cabin category. ken

well the OP has had 4 rate drops, so enough to pay for a upgrade.

I too was interested in the reply, if you can check this box, and use some of the OBC from price drops to upgrade, if they would offer you one or how that works exactly.

Are you saying you couldnt do this, and use OBC from past price drops?

I didn't try it! I should have but didn't. Next time maybe I'll check the upgrade box and see what happens. I just don't THINK I have enough for any kind of upgrade.

Maybe I'm using the terminology wrong. I have a 4F cabin and am not interested in moving to a 4G (I prefer the empress deck and it took a struggle to get the cabin I wanted!). I would need to get an upgrade to OV or Balcony for it to be worth while losing all that spending money, and the OV rates are still much higher than what I've accumulated.

well the OP has had 4 rate drops, so enough to pay for a upgrade.

I too was interested in the reply, if you can check this box, and use some of the OBC from price drops to upgrade, if they would offer you one or how that works exactly.

Are you saying you couldnt do this, and use OBC from past price drops?

fire - I never thought of it this way. I guess you'd have to call to arrange it, as you'd have to determine the "price" of the upgrade and you'd have to select the new cabin? ken

Archived