Totally frustrated!!!

max&toni

I have to tell you that I am completely frustrated with Carnival right now. Don't get me wrong...I have been a loyal Carnival customer for 15 years, but I'm starting to question my loyalty at this point. I booked a cruise this past September under the past guest rate (sailing on the Glory 3/21), and at that time, I asked the agent what would happen if the cruise rate went down. He told me that I could call back as much as I wanted, and up until the final billing price, I would receive a price adjustment. He then went on to tell me that after I paid the final price, I would be eligible for a shipboard credit if the cruise rate went down.

Well, guess what? Apparently, Carnival is now telling that the information I received was incorrect. The rate is $50 less than what I paid, but oh well, the "policy has changed" and they no longer offer price adjustments to past guests during the "penalty period". I've talked to all the supervisors in Guest Relations (who are available at night), and I'm getting nowhere. I can only find the "policy" for the Early Savers Program online, which states that price adjustments will be honored up until 2 business days before sailing. I didn't book under the Early Savers Program because I wanted to choose my cabin, and I had some comfort in knowing that I would at least get a shipboard credit. So, I thought. :mad:

Does anyone know a better way to reach an actual decision maker at Carnival?

Thanks for your help.

I have to tell you that I am completely frustrated with Carnival right now. Don't get me wrong...I have been a loyal Carnival customer for 15 years, but I'm starting to question my loyalty at this point. I booked a cruise this past September under the past guest rate (sailing on the Glory 3/21), and at that time, I asked the agent what would happen if the cruise rate went down. He told me that I could call back as much as I wanted, and up until the final billing price, I would receive a price adjustment. He then went on to tell me that after I paid the final price, I would be eligible for a shipboard credit if the cruise rate went down.

Well, guess what? Apparently, Carnival is now telling that the information I received was incorrect. The rate is $50 less than what I paid, but oh well, the "policy has changed" and they no longer offer price adjustments to past guests during the "penalty period". I've talked to all the supervisors in Guest Relations (who are available at night), and I'm getting nowhere. I can only find the "policy" for the Early Savers Program online, which states that price adjustments will be honored up until 2 business days before sailing. I didn't book under the Early Savers Program because I wanted to choose my cabin, and I had some comfort in knowing that I would at least get a shipboard credit. So, I thought. :mad:

Thanks for your help.

I have a feeling the person you spoke to was telling you that you could get adjustments up until "final payment" is due and you misunderstood. This has been the policy for a while now. Early Save you have the option of choosing your room, however your deposit is non-refundable.

Thanks for your help.

A "decision-maker won't be able to help you" - In a well advertised Policy change last year, Carnival stopped giving any Price Adjustments after Final Payment Deadline (except Early Saver) and is adament in enforcing same. The booking agent mis-informed you (or you misunderstood)- unless you have it in writing from him/her you're pretty much screwed. It IS possible to get an Upgrade when your fare drops after Final Payment deadline - you'll have more success pursuing an upgrade. ken

Since 12/1/2008, they have not allowed any OBC after final payment for past guest rates... and been firm about it.

Early saver came later.

Im sorry that this happened, sounds like you got bad info. Its too bad that folks dont come here and learn how to handle things before there is a problem. I wish we could help, but we cant.

Thanks for your help.

Agent as in your TA or a Carnival PVP ? If you booked your cruise when the policy of an obc or refund could be done AFTER final payment (was a great deal until the end of Dec. 2008 when that policy was eliminated), then your TA or PVP gave you accurate info AT THAT TIME...... but if you booked after Dec. 2008, the rules changed and thus the new "Early Saver" fare code concept was brought onboard as a booking option w/ strict restrictions BUT allowed for fare reductions BEFORE FINAL PAYMENT DATE and OBC AFTER FINAL PAYMENT DATE...up to 2 days before sailing date.

Regardless if you are a loyal Carnival passenger for 15 years or less, that is the new policy and either you were advised wrong or kinda got caught in the interim of the change. Either way, speaking with a customer service rep is not going to help you out much if any at all.

It's only $50.00... don't let it take away from the PRICELE$$ fun you will have with your family. :D

I have to tell you that I am completely frustrated . Don't get me wrong...I have been loyal for 15 years, but I'm starting to question my loyalty at this point. . :mad:

Does anyone know a better way ?

Thanks for your help.

Ask your partner if they object to a menage a trois ... otherwise you can always go to Vegas. Always remenber, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :cool:. Have Fun.

My wife and I are sailing on the GLory leaving out of Miami on March 14 and a similar thing happened. we were a cat 8b and now we an 8e and plus we got an onboard credit. We went from being on deck 6 to the lido deck. WE are so excited. We sail out in 37 day and can not wait. :D:D

It's sad when someone gives you incorrect information but it does happen. The quality of person answering the phones at Carnival is not all that good.

Unless you get it in writing, a verbal statement is not worth the paper it is printed on :D. Save your breath and let this one go.

Since 12/1/2008, they have not allowed any OBC after final payment for past guest rates... and been firm about it.

Early saver came later.

Im sorry that this happened, sounds like you got bad info. Its too bad that folks dont come here and learn how to handle things before there is a problem. I wish we could help, but we cant.

Accurate information.

I worked many years in telephone customer service, and I can honestly tell you that I have never experience someone that sounded more unhappy to take my call, than a Carnival representative. I can understand 1, or possibly 2 calls, but I think 5 out of 5 times, they have all sounded really depressed, and annoyed that their phone even rang.

Carnival should hand out anti-depressants over there like they are giving away candy, that way...the customer service agent wont feel so bad about planning vacations for other people, instead of their own. :D

There were many many posts on here about the change of policy. Sorry you missed them. As others have said, they have been firm on their policy. With that said, one thing folks have been able to do when there is a price drop after final payment is get an upgrade to a higher category cabin.

This is the same policy on NCL and probably other cruiselines.

Dave

Archived