Setting the mood - Road Trip CD

MopedMama

I'm taking two friends who are first-timers on a cruise in March. We have to drive about 8 hours to get to New Orleans, so I figured I'd set the mood with some music. What songs would you guys put on a Road Trip CD for a Western Caribbean cruise (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman)? Its on Royal Caribbean, so I will start it with Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life", of course. :D What else would really get them in a cruisin' mood? Anyone have any favorite cruise-related songs? What's the name of that "feelin' hot hot hot" song and who's the artist? Anyone know of a good steel drum CD or track? Or even stuff that has cruise or sail or Caribbean in the song, like "Caribbean Queen"? (or is that too corny :p )

Thanks!

SherryB

I Believe Buster Poindexter sings "Hot, Hot Hot"..lol Who cares if it is corny, all that matters is that you get into "Cruise" mode. We are doing the absolute same thing that you are.

We picked up a couple of steel drum cds at Best Buy..go to the World Music Section. Have fun! :)

We like to Party - Venga Boys

Sex on the Beach - Venga Boys

- all Jimmy Buffet

Boat Drinks

Cheeseburger in Paradise

Margaritaville

Pirate looks at 40

Son of a Sailor

Flake - Jack Johnson

One Love - Bob Marley

Kokomo - Beach Boys

:) Also wanted to let you guys know about something I discovered while music surfin'. The Belizean Punta Rockers - I found them on Napster and bought their first CD for download. I love the whole thing, very Tropical Central American and very upbeat! I've listened to it twice in the hot tub, pretending that I'm in Belize. :D

Our first Canal cruise (Princess Cruises) started with a 1:00am sail away from San Juan. Not many on deck, but it started with the Love Boat TV show theme and went into Bobby McFarrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy." It was just great.

A few Reggae cuts by Bob Marley are also great adds.

Archived