Braemar- 17 February 2011- Caribbean Cocktail

flea b

We are on this cruise. Is anyone going from Gatwick? I can't seem to find a flight time on any of my correspondence. Am I just being thick;):confused:

Hi we are going on that cruise and we have been given the following info for the Gatwick flight.

17/02/2011 TOM056 06-15 check in 09-15 departure to Barbados

03/03/2011 TOM059 14-30 check in 17.30 departure from Montego Bay

Arrival at Gatwick 07.30 Friday 04/03/2011.

Look forward to seeing you

Linda & Danny

Hi we are going on that cruise and we have been given the following info for the Gatwick flight.

Linda & Danny

Hi Linda,

Thanks for that, looks like an early start then:( might stay overnight at Gatwick. And it will only be afternoon when we get there, if we get away on time:)

See you at Gatwick

Hi Linda,

Thanks for that, looks like an early start then:( might stay overnight at Gatwick. And it will only be afternoon when we get there, if we get away on time:)

See you at Gatwick

Linda M - many thanks for that - not! What an early start, last time we flew with FO to the caribbean, spring 2009, it was more like 10.30 or 11!

Cruisin Linda - think we will be staying overnight now - get the right hotel and get free parking, sometimes equates to the cost of the hotel - so may see you at the hotel reception now!

Steve & Jan

Linda & Danny

Hi Linda

Have you got your tickets or did the travel agent find out for you?

See you there - we may be the ones with the bleary eyes standing quietly in queue

Hi Steve and Jan, We booked through Hayes Travel the information was sent from them. We are stopping overnight at the Gatwick Travel Lodge got a good deal. Travelling down by train from Market Harborough the two together only cost £72 for the two of us.

Not long now

See you soon Linda & Danny

Hi Steve and Jan, We booked through Hayes Travel the information was sent from them. We are stopping overnight at the Gatwick Travel Lodge got a good deal. Travelling down by train from Market Harborough the two together only cost £72 for the two of us.

Not long now

See you soon Linda & Danny

Hello Linda and Danny

Thank you for that - just got a deal for the Hilton at the Airport as that includes car parking for the two weeks.

Well we will all be queueing up 6 weeks tomorrow

Cheers

Steve & Jan

Just booked the Premier Inn, as we are going by bus and need to be walkable distance to the airport. Brilliant bus called "The Airline" from Oxford to Gatwick every hour. £35 for the two of us (we get half-price as we are oldies -ha ha) Not worth taking the car. Got the hotel for £73. See you soon

Linda and Ray

I have seen this blog from Trip Advisor, and normally find the blogs on here to be worth a read. Well see what they say about Club Tropicana, think a night ashore is much better value :mad:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147271-d147979-r89184797-Tropicana-Havana_Cuba.html#REVIEWS

Under 50 days, - soon be time to get packed! :)

Steve & Jan

Yeah we are up for a night ashore! Had a bit of a scare earlier on in the week. Andy's passport does not have 6 months + on only 4, we had no idea. Good job we checked. The lovely people at Fred Olsen assured us this was sufficient for our cruise but we were too worried and are getting him a new one via the post office check & send service. Should be here in plenty of time.

We have just booked the premier inn with parking and go faster through security and the servisair lounge with free drinkies and snacks from Manchester all for £125. Getting really excited now!

See you all in 38 days :)

Fi & Andy xx

34 days, 22 hours and 20 minutes to go *thinks excitedly* - but for now ... off to work! :D

Even less and the book with the tour excursions in it has turned up today!

Can book from that but not on line - weird

See you all 5 weeks today!

Steve & Jan

Steve & Jan

I'm sure I booked trips online last time! But having since learnt that, should you have to cancel the holiday, you cannot claim back prepaid trips or prepaid tips:eek: so shall probably book when we get there.

Steve & Jan

OK, phoned the reservation team yesterday and they said the online bookings would be open as from this morning, and at 8.30 they were

Wonder what we will all be doing 5 weeks today, in Barbados?

Steve & Jan x:)

quite possibly sitting outside on the back of the ship having a drink? After muster drill of course :( Maybe that will be the next day as we don't sail til the 18th??

Booked my trips only doing them in Jamaica (bobsled/skylift), Havana (American Cars).

Did I mention I am very excited?

It's all coming together now!

Fi x

quite possibly sitting outside on the back of the ship having a drink? After muster drill of course :( Maybe that will be the next day as we don't sail til the 18th??

Booked my trips only doing them in Jamaica (bobsled/skylift), Havana (American Cars).

Did I mention I am very excited?

It's all coming together now!

Fi x

I would think the muster drill would be the 2nd day, in case of any flight delays or late passengers, give everyone a chance to get over the flight. Hope the flight is as good as the one last year, due to winds behind the plane we got into Barbados 2 hours early:cool:

No doubt we will find you at the back of the ship for a drink!:)

Under 5 weeks to go, let the perils of planning your wardrobe begin!;)

Steve x

Hmm... wardrobe plan, it will be what can I find in my wardrobe that I can squeeze into :(

I am wondering about flight time from Manchester? Is there only Andy & I on this thread flying from Manchester? If anyone has it already it would be helpful.

27 days to go :D

Fi x

Hmm... wardrobe plan, it will be what can I find in my wardrobe that I can squeeze into :(

I am wondering about flight time from Manchester? Is there only Andy & I on this thread flying from Manchester? If anyone has it already it would be helpful.

27 days to go :D

Fi x

mmmm somthing there not quite right! Surely you need to be worried about what you can squeeze into at the END of the cruise not the start ;)

I would think your flight would be similar time to those from Gatwick, within 20 to 30 minutes, any way, from what I have seen before when we have flown :(

Anyway 4 weeks today should be waiting to board the plane about this time - see how quickly the next 4 weeks pass:)

Cheers

Steve & Jan

YAY!

Tickets arrived :D

Our flight is at 10:00am

We should arrive at 15:15pm

Andy said 'there's still time to party!', we will see!!

Ta ta 4 now xx

Hey great news, that makes the holiday seem soon! Well we will be on board this time in 4 weeks

I think it took us about 3/4 of an hour from the airport to the ship last time, so be time to meet for a drink (we are on 1st sitting), I got a note of your cabin some where and i have your mobile, so there will be no hiding from us lol

Speak soon

xx

aahhh we won't hide ... you might though!!

We are 2nd sitting Grampian Restaurant. We will have a drink up on deck straight after we get our cabin, hopefully meet you then. If we are not too tired we may pop off the ship later on for a stroll. We will see how we feel at the time I suppose. I am still very excited!! Bring on the sunshine :D

YAY!

Tickets arrived :D

Our flight is at 10:00am

We should arrive at 15:15pm

Andy said 'there's still time to party!', we will see!!

Ta ta 4 now xx

Our tickets arrived today

Flight 9.15, and should arrive by 14.15

So be towels on the seats well before you arrive lol

See ya xx

yes, but we don't have to get up at silly o'clock :P

actually I would rather go early too cos it will be rather exciting lol :D

BTW we are quite anti the sunbed hoggers!! This means we usually have to do without. If you are sunbed hoggers it doesn't matter we can still be friends! :D

Have a great weekend, Andy is playing in a band tonight and he is practicing on his sxaophone in the house right now, it is loud!!

See you soon, xx

yes, but we don't have to get up at silly o'clock :P

actually I would rather go early too cos it will be rather exciting lol :D

BTW we are quite anti the sunbed hoggers!! This means we usually have to do without. If you are sunbed hoggers it doesn't matter we can still be friends! :D

Have a great weekend, Andy is playing in a band tonight and he is practicing on his sxaophone in the house right now, it is loud!!

See you soon, xx

LOL, no we are with you being anti-sunbed hoggers there - have no fear at all

Hope Andy's gig goes well, and now only 24 big sleeps to go!

Have a great weekend also

xxx

Hi - sorry to butt in but we did this cruise in November 2010. Havana was great - we did our own thing on the night of the Tropicana trip and found a couple of really lovely bars - if you aim for the main square there are several places there. The whole of the place is full of music and noise!!Everyone is really friendly and not once did we feel at all concerned. We changed our sterling into the local acceptable currency (bit complicated this, the locals are paid in one currency and have to change into another one to "spend", the currency they are paid in covers utility charges! and we think our country is screwed up!!)....anyway...any money we had left over we changed back and opted for US Dollars and had a great exchange rate. I really liked Havana - we did the ships trip which took us through Havana town, and to the fort the other side of the river which we enjoyed. This will take you to Hemmingways bars which is really good, drinks are very reasonable and there is a piano player too, this is easily walkable from the port area too. We went back there for the evening. All in all a port I would like to visit again. x

Glitterbabe, thank you!!, that sounds really good. I am pleased we are doing our own thing in the evening after reading your info! We love live music, it sounds just perfect. Hemmingways Bars here we come!

Steve & Jan, glad to hear it lol! (re. sunbeds!) the gig went well (ish!)

Off to work I go now, I am hoping for a calm day as not much sleep I think I need a berocca!

Fi xxx

Archived