Cruising with 8 1/2 month old on Carnival Pride

Cruiserfrommd

We are taking our 8 1/2 month old on Carnival Pride to Bahamas and Port Canaveral at the end of the month. I have some questions about traveling with an infant:

Anyone have issues with their infant getting sea sick?

We are driving to the port..Is there any need to bring his car seat base?

For excursions...we will be limited since we can't put him in a bus, taxi...any suggestions?

Is there a baby pool on Carnival Pride?

We don't have a passport for him, just a birth certificate...Is that ok?

Thanks!!

We are taking our 8 1/2 month old on Carnival Pride to Bahamas and Port Canaveral at the end of the month. I have some questions about traveling with an infant:

Anyone have issues with their infant getting sea sick?

Can't help you with this, sorry.

We are driving to the port..Is there any need to bring his car seat base?

Not unless you plan on renting a car, or taking a taxi say in PC.

For excursions...we will be limited since we can't put him in a bus, taxi...any suggestions?

If you are not comfortable doing a bus ride I would say that the zoo is out - unless you are up to pushing the stroller a long way. I would suggest the Blackbeard's Caye excursion - it is a short walk to the boat from the port. You can do it with or without sting rays. I think there is a beach that you can go to that is within a mile or so walk - Sheraton?

Is there a baby pool on Carnival Pride?

There is a "baby pool" but the kids are supposed to be potty trained. Try bringing a blow up pool with you.

We don't have a passport for him, just a birth certificate...Is that ok?

Yes - on a closed loop cruise you are still fine.

Thanks!!

Hope that helps.

Talk to your ped about the "motion sickness" but the general theory is no, babies generally don't get sea sickness. It's because they just spent 9 months in liquid. ;) Its the reason that they can giggle when being spun around in circles (which would make the average adult green).

Babies haven't really developed a solid center of gravity yet. So that's why they don't get sea sickness. They don't know which end is suppose to be up. :)

When I toted my carrier car seat, no, I didn't bring the base. I simply strapped in the seat without the base. You can carry that carrier with you and use it IN the taxis. Then you won't be so limited with the taxis. :)

Baby pool - Pride may have a children's pool - but it's for potty trained tots. So although you may see babies in diapers, be aware, they aren't suppose to be there. And for his health, he shouldn't be there either. The pools at sea do not have any chlorine. So if you see another child in a diaper and you put your son in with him, be aware that you could be putting your child in harms way. :( Be safe and bring your own small inflatable if you want a safe place for him to splash.

As A&J said, the birth certificate is fine. Just make sure it is the orginal. And make sure you are aware that if you need to fly home for an emergency, you won't be able to easily. For that, you will need a passport.

i forgot to add...we plan to bring our own Pack N Play. I don't think there should be a problem with that.

We just got off Glory with our 11 month old, and although we brought the pack n' play (mostly for pre/post cruise hotel stays) we didn't end up using it on the ship. We found that the crib they provided was more comfortable for her (as the matress was better) and it took up less space in the cabin. You'll want to bring your own sheet though - we used the one for the pack n' play and it fit perfectly.

Archived