Spirit Inside cabin

AuTiger7

The Spirit's insides have a berth that folds down out of the wall, a trundle and a very small sofa also turns into a bed. There is a way to do 4 and have optimum space, but I don't know about 5. If you can get your steward to set up the two twins and the trundle in a U-shape (all three completely on a wall) and then the berth that folds down, that gives the most space and no one is really crawling over someone else. If you let the steward choose, they will put the trundle between the other two twins and it will literally be wall to wall beds.

The Spirit's insides have a berth that folds down out of the wall, a trundle and a very small sofa also turns into a bed. There is a way to do 4 and have optimum space, but I don't know about 5. If you can get your steward to set up the two twins and the trundle in a U-shape (all three completely on a wall) and then the berth that folds down, that gives the most space and no one is really crawling over someone else. If you let the steward choose, they will put the trundle between the other two twins and it will literally be wall to wall beds.

This cruise is going to be interesting. We have never been on a seven day cruise and this is the smallest room we will ever have been in. We have only sailed on Carnival in the past and their four person rooms have two berths. Anyone have any pictures?

Check this website, they have pictures of cabins:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Here are pictures we took. We had an inside cabin that had one bunk bed.

Not sure what they have for the fourth bed ( a bunk or a trundle bed)

That looks like about a 13" TV in the cabin. Are they serious?:eek: I hope they changed those out when they renovated her in 2008.

What's your cabin number? The Spirit has some larger insides, so you might be able to do the U-shape in them. In a regular inside, you won't have the width to do that. Our inside had one drop-down upper and a trundle that would be rolled out between the beds at night- wall to wall beds. During the day, it was tucked under one of the twins. Our chair did not convert to a bed, although apparently some cabins might have this feature.

Since you spend very little time in the cabin, I wouldn't worry about sleeping (unless someone snores LOL). However, you may want to think about scheduling bathroom time or plan on some family members showering in the spa.

What's your cabin number? The Spirit has some larger insides, so you might be able to do the U-shape in them. In a regular inside, you won't have the width to do that. Our inside had one drop-down upper and a trundle that would be rolled out between the beds at night- wall to wall beds. During the day, it was tucked under one of the twins. Our chair did not convert to a bed, although apparently some cabins might have this feature.

Since you spend very little time in the cabin, I wouldn't worry about sleeping (unless someone snores LOL). However, you may want to think about scheduling bathroom time or plan on some family members showering in the spa.

We will be in Cabin 10633. Is it big enough for a U shaped configuration?

Back in 2006 we had 4 in an inside. We had cabin 5053. I tried everything possible except to ask the furniture be moved out of the cabin to get the beds into the U configuration. It did not work. The trundle bed was under the other bed and it was pulled out each night.

It worked out OK but I vowed never to be in an inside cabin with 4 unless it was one of the larger insides that are on the Spirit. The 200 sq. foot cabins are 5035, 6035, 6535. There are others that are 190, 175, and a few at 160. The rest are 149 sq. feet.

Back in 2006 we had 4 in an inside. We had cabin 5053. I tried everything possible except to ask the furniture be moved out of the cabin to get the beds into the U configuration. It did not work. The trundle bed was under the other bed and it was pulled out each night.

It worked out OK but I vowed never to be in an inside cabin with 4 unless it was one of the larger insides that are on the Spirit. The 200 sq. foot cabins are 5035, 6035, 6535. There are others that are 190, 175, and a few at 160. The rest are 149 sq. feet.

I think we are going to be crowded. My in-laws have a balcony room for 2. I wonder if there would be room for one of the kids to sleep in the balcony room?

AuTiger- in addition to staying in an inside on our last Spirit cruise, we also stayed in a balcony (11028) on a previous cruise with our DD. We had the two twins set up as a queen. DD slept on the sofa- that was pulled out to a "double" each evening. (Small double and not too comfortable.) There weren't any upper bunks in that cabin. When the sofa bed is open, it blocks most of the path to the balcony. Since DD wanted to sleep in, and we wanted to sit on the balcony each AM, we ended up moving the chair (that is usually under the small desk at the foot of the sofa bed). With the chair elsewhere in the cabin, there are a few additional inches to squeeze by the end of the sofa bed to open the balcony door. Also, if you use the sofa bed, I suggest asking for an egg crate or put extra blankets under the mattress and on top of the two metal bars that form the structure of the fold-out frame. (That mattress is thin- you'll feel the bars if they're not padded!)

Also, I don't think your inside can accomodate the U-shape beds. Will your teens be out and about until the wee hours? You may almost have two "shifts" in the cabin, so you won't all be getting dressed/undressed at the same time.

My family of four (with two teens) stayed in an inside cabin on deck 11. We had wall to wall beds and it was fine -- all you are doing is sleeping!!! We never had a problem with showers and so on. Enjoy your cruise!:)

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=&date=7-31-2010&text=&ship=Norwegian Jewel

Cabin 10663 is a standard size inside cabin. 10611, 10531 and 1031 are larger in your category . Maybe you can move to one of them. Are you booked through NCL or a TA??

Booked through Travelocity (due to their current promotions).

Booked through Travelocity (due to their current promotions).

It maybe difficult to switch cabins.

You did pick a handy area of the ship. There is an outside stern staircase that is kind of nice to use.

We had 10611 on on cruise and 9193 on another.

We found the aft hot tub was quiet at night and avoided the elevators in wet suits with the stern stairs.

Hope You have a fun cruise on a beautiful ship.

It maybe difficult to switch cabins.

You did pick a handy area of the ship. There is an outside stern staircase that is kind of nice to use.

We had 10611 on on cruise and 9193 on another.

We found the aft hot tub was quiet at night and avoided the elevators in wet suits with the stern stairs.

Hope You have a fun cruise on a beautiful ship.

We are sailing in this cabin soon. 10611. Anything other little secrets we need to know? It kind of stands by itself. I was a little concerned about the noise coming up the atrium like a funnel from the decks below, especially if there is music playing a few decks below. How close is it to the atrium? Was there any noise coming from the stairs/elevator? Looks like a storage area adjacent to the cabin, any issues with that?

Thanks.

We are sailing in this cabin soon. 10611. Anything other little secrets we need to know? It kind of stands by itself. I was a little concerned about the noise coming up the atrium like a funnel from the decks below, especially if there is music playing a few decks below. How close is it to the atrium? Was there any noise coming from the stairs/elevator? Looks like a storage area adjacent to the cabin, any issues with that?

Thanks.

Nice quiet room. Its a little different motion when in bed. Instead of rocking head to toe its side to side. Bring duct tape for the top draw in heavy seas.

Nice quiet room. Its a little different motion when in bed. Instead of rocking head to toe its side to side. Bring duct tape for the top draw in heavy seas.

Thanks for the reply. Any noticeable vibration from the propulsion system?

How is an inside cabin set up for four people? We have an inside cabin booked for two adults and two teenagers on the Spirit in March. Does anyone have pics of an inside quad?

We had a inside deck 10 on the Spirit it was a one night cruise out of NYC, very small even for two adults.

Archived