Can't decide between Cunard and Radisson

cotto22

We are trying to decide between the QMII transatlantic in early May coordinating with a land vacation in London, OR the Radisson Voyager's transatlantic that includes 2 nights in Fuchal and then staying on Madeira for a few more days. We have done Radisson before and truly enjoyed the experience, but have not travelled on Cunard for many years (QE II).

Does anyone have any input that would be helpful? We like to be pampered, but cannot afford the more expensive cabins on the QMII.

Thanks.

Cathy

We are trying to decide between the QMII transatlantic in early May coordinating with a land vacation in London, OR the Radisson Voyager's transatlantic that includes 2 nights in Fuchal and then staying on Madeira for a few more days. We have done Radisson before and truly enjoyed the experience, but have not travelled on Cunard for many years (QE II).

Does anyone have any input that would be helpful? We like to be pampered, but cannot afford the more expensive cabins on the QMII.

Thanks.

Cathy

Tough decision! Without a doubt RSSC will offer the better value. You will be on a smaller more exclusive ship, and most likely receive far better food and personalized service, not to mention a larger cabin ..... but, it won't be QM2.

Nothing really compares to QM2 in terms of the hardware, and truly that is what you are paying for. In standard cabin categories the food and service is good, but nothing special. I don't think there is any other ship that can quite compare to QM2 though. I feel Cunard is overpriced for the product, but I also felt my overall experience on QM2 was worth every penny. There is also nothing quite like a transatlantic crossing on an authentic Cunard ocean liner. That in itself might make me lean towards Cunard. Cunard also offers a much more formal experience than RSSC, so keep that in mind.

Bottom line, if larger accommodations and more personalized food and service are most important to you, then choose RSSC. If you're more concerned with the overall experience and a fantastic ship designed for ocean crossings, then go with QM2.

Hope that helps.

Ernie

Archived