Kenai River float/Seward

Nanner

I am planning on a float trip on the Upper Kenai River as part of the independent portion of our tour, and wondered if anyone has had experience with Alaska Wildland's version of the float trip.

The TourSaver (thanks for that tip, CCers-we'll save way more than we spent on that little book!) has a 2-for-1 coupon for Alaska Wildland,which offers a 2 hour float tour. I was impressed with their web site detail and the fact that they advise you to be there 30 minutes early to prepare, and don't count prep time as "tour" time.

In additon, we expect to include the Northwestern Glacier boat tour, Sea Life Center, hike around Exit Glacier, and Seavey's Ididaride. Any "don't miss it" suggestions for the drive from Anchorage to Seward, or for visiting while we are based in Seward?

Suggestions on good places to eat around Seward also very welcome!

Reservations really depend on what time you want to eat.Sometimes it's very busy( like dinner) other times slow.My personal opinion being a "local" I rarely eat there anymore. Way too expensive,food portions I feel are small and usually very slow service.Your paying for a great view of the boat harbor.

Thanks for the perspective GlacierLady. I can think of places like that in my hometown.

But if you were on VACATION and wanted to eat a "special" place in Seward, would Ray's be it? Or do you have another suggestion? Main requirement for me is GOOD FOOD, a view/ambience is nice and a semi-reasonable price is nice, but for one something special meal, I won't quibble as long as the food is good.

Well since you asked..I think the most unique place to eat in Seward would be the Exit Glacier Slamon Bake.It's not really a "salmon bake" .Wide variety on the menu including salads, burgers,fish,steak ect in a very rustic setting.You'll feel like your in Alaska and not some fancy restaurant.You can also eat outside with a view of Resurrection river.Kids love picking out their own pickle out of the pickle barrel. It is out of town a couple of miles heading towards Exit Glacier.If your looking for in town with a view of the boat harbor, Chinooks would be my pick.Better view from upstairs than Ray's!The Hawiian chicken burger is....yummmmyyyy.Wish they were open today.....We are having our annual Polar Bear jump today. Crazy people in costumes parade through town down to the boat harbor and jump into the bay to raise money for cancer.They have it easy this year..Rain, 40's and no wind! I could handle that...lol

Archived