EWR or JFK for a cruise out of Bayonne?

MAXII

A little confused - have read loads of posts but I still don't have a good understanding of how difficult it would be to get from JFK to the port of Bayonne or Newark area as opposed to EWR.

We are flying from SEA and plan to spend 2 or 3 days close to the port area.

So - please could someone advise me on getting to Bayonne/Newark from JFK and maybe give me an idea of how much more or less difficult and costly it maybe than to transfer from EWR?

Thanks folks

If the airfare is the same or comparable, EWR wins hands down. It is significantly closer to both your cruise port and to Manhattan...where presumably you will be spending much of your pre-cruise sightseeing time. I would use JFK only if the airfare was a lot cheaper...and I mean a lot. You should be able to save time and money by using EWR.

I suggest you post this question on the East Coast Departures board. There are a number of regular posters there who can give you a good rundown of costs, hotel options, etc.

A little confused - have read loads of posts but I still don't have a good understanding of how difficult it would be to get from JFK to the port of Bayonne or Newark area as opposed to EWR.

We are flying from SEA and plan to spend 2 or 3 days close to the port area.

So - please could someone advise me on getting to Bayonne/Newark from JFK and maybe give me an idea of how much more or less difficult and costly it maybe than to transfer from EWR?

Thanks folks

No question EWR is the best choice, it will be a major pain in the a** getting all the way from JFK to Bayonne.

Archived