Deep Sea Fishing

ggrouter

My wife and I are going on a cruise next January on Adventure of the Seas. One of the stops is St. Lucia and I would like to go on the Deep Sea Fishing excursion. Has anybody been on this excursion before and how was it? People, boat, the fishing itself? Is it worth the $150?

I try to go fishing on every cruise and the service has always been good but so far the fishing hasn't. I went fishing in St Lucia last November on a cruise excrusion and had a great boat ride. That in no way means you will have the same outcome. That's why the call it fishing and not catching.

Shak

My wife and I are going on a cruise next January on Adventure of the Seas. One of the stops is St. Lucia and I would like to go on the Deep Sea Fishing excursion. Has anybody been on this excursion before and how was it? People, boat, the fishing itself? Is it worth the $150?

I haven't been fishing in St. Lucia, but have done deep sea fishing excursions in Cozumel and Nassau. Never even had a nibble in Nassau, and only caught one bait fish in Cozumel. I realize that happens sometimes in fishing but after going 0 for 2, I don't think I'll book any more fishing excursions in the Caribbean. I'll save the fishing for the next trip to Cabo where I'll try to catch another marlin or another huge dolphin. If you decide to go, good luck!

Hey All,

We are just off the Indy that did Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. We went river fishing with Fab Tours in Belize and it was AWESOME. Our guide Claude went out of his way to give us the best fishing experience. If anyone if really into fishing, this is the tour to go on. During the 6 hours we probably caught a 6-8 snook, various others and one Permit (apparently this is a rare catch). I'm posting the pic of the snook that I caught so you all can see. If any of you guys have any questions let me know.

772936862_22149_295350279018_519554018_3331186_4687969_n1.jpg.f4fcd24d7ce715635d5fc21393015843.jpg

Hey All,

We are just off the Indy that did Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. We went river fishing with Fab Tours in Belize and it was AWESOME. Our guide Claude went out of his way to give us the best fishing experience. If anyone if really into fishing, this is the tour to go on. During the 6 hours we probably caught a 6-8 snook, various others and one Permit (apparently this is a rare catch). I'm posting the pic of the snook that I caught so you all can see. If any of you guys have any questions let me know.

Man, that's awesome!!! I take it light tackle? What kind of bait did you use? What did you do with the fish? Snook are mighty tastey!!!

LCGUY,

I'm not much of a fisherman...if I fish once a year thats alot for me. It wasn't live bait, some kind of lure. The fish that I'm holding up is a snook. The guide said that it was 20 pounds plus (I really have no idea :))

The rive was beautiful and there was no one on it but our group of three all day. The river connects to the ocean so there are some monster fish. It really was alot of fun.

LCGUY,

I'm not much of a fisherman...if I fish once a year thats alot for me. It wasn't live bait, some kind of lure. The fish that I'm holding up is a snook. The guide said that it was 20 pounds plus (I really have no idea :))

The rive was beautiful and there was no one on it but our group of three all day. The river connects to the ocean so there are some monster fish. It really was alot of fun.

Looks like a great time. I'd say 20lbs. easy. Glad you had a great time. I'm envious.

Archived