Thomson Dream Cabins

Just a thought for those who have not reserved a cabin.

We had booked a standard outside cabin on deck 5 /6. On looking at the deck plans the standard ones are at the bow and stern of both decks and look like they get quite small towards the stern.

The middle of the ship is taken up by the outside plus cabins.

So not wanting to get lumbered with a small double cabin at the back on 5 which might be right over the propeller and engine we've booked a cabin on deck 6 which looks a reasonable size towards the bow on the port side.

We were lucky as there were not many left to reserve. And with going up one deck with a proper window instead of a porthole.

I'll let you know how we get on on our return.

Berwyn

im on my own in a single outside on either 4 or 5 . looks like they are up the front in the bow. im happy as long as it has a bed, a shower room, a safe and a key.

i couldnt book a cabin so will just have to wait and see what if get.

Yes, they are at the bow on 4 and 5 and a few at the stern on 5 too.

We didn't want to end up with a small double for the same price as one that's slightly larger.

And if past experience is anything to go on we won't be in there much anyway.

Shower, sleep, a quick nap before the evening fun after a busy day in Rome.

As we're on board straight after you we won't have your experience of the 1st cruise to go on.

Berwyn

We will be on deck 7 but have not booked a special number it is an outside ,so anything will do us I think :D

mrs.c

Hi Mrs.c.,

You are fine on deck 7, but there are 8 cabins there (4 on each side) at the bow end that look a little smaller than the rest.

But going from the website even the smallest cabin will be bigger than the standard outside on the I.E.

Berwyn

im on my own in a single outside on either 4 or 5 . looks like they are up the front in the bow. im happy as long as it has a bed, a shower room, a safe and a key.

i couldnt book a cabin so will just have to wait and see what if get.

When I try the Dream I will attempt to reserve a single cabin forward as they appear larger and are further away from the engines. If you look at the costa site they have deck and cabin plans plus 360 degree views of various cabin categories including one of the aft single.

When I try the Dream I will attempt to reserve a single cabin forward as they appear larger and are further away from the engines. If you look at the costa site they have deck and cabin plans plus 360 degree views of various cabin categories including one of the aft single.

Will go and have look at that thanx

mrs.c

Thanks Dave,

looked there before but couldn't find what I needed. We didn't fancy ending up in one over the engines either.

Berwyn

I have been thinking of surprising my elderly mother with a cruise holiday and as she is nervous of having a cabin to herself I checked out the Dream and from the Costa site it appears that the suites have a seperate bedroom and two pull down beds in the seating area. This would be ideal as she could be tucked up in bed while I was frequenting the bars etc until the early hours!. A suite would cost just under five grand for a fortnight so it would not be cheap. The grand suites are not worth the nearly nine grand for a windy balcony. They would be better converted into a Horizons bar, after all they used to be a cinema.

If you compare the deck plans in the Thomson brochure with the cut away view or the Costa site info there are lots of differences. For one thing the ship seems to have lost a couple of lifeboats, and there are no public toilets!. Hopefully they will correct all the plans after the refit. In fact all their ships brochure info needs a work over as it does not tally with reality.

If you compare the deck plans in the Thomson brochure with the cut away view or the Costa site info there are lots of differences. For one thing the ship seems to have lost a couple of lifeboats, and there are no public toilets!. Hopefully they will correct all the plans after the refit. In fact all their ships brochure info needs a work over as it does not tally with reality.

Agree dave,in fact I started a thread titled Thomson Dream on Feb 5th(its at the bottom of this page)regarding the Thomsons Brochure pics in relation to the actual ships

Regarding correcting those in relation to the Dream for instance it appears that won`t be case on the intial 10 day refit period between the Costa not sailing then sailing under the Thomson Dream.

I've booked our cabin on deck 7 number 7150 is what they gave us.I asked them if they could give us one in a quiet area .

Snap, I've booked cabins 7151 & 7153 for our trip in July. When do you travel?? I would love to see a couple of pic's if it's before us! :)

Snap, I've booked cabins 7151 & 7153 for our trip in July. When do you travel?? I would love to see a couple of pic's if it's before us! :)

Hi Jo,

Did you see this picture link that was kindly posted for us.

http://www.zoover.com/costa-europa/cruise-ship/photos

You asked about the 3 bedded cabin on the other thread started by Jim.

There is a picture in the bottom middle on page one of the pics of a 3 bed outside.

Berwyn

Hi Jo,

Did you see this picture link that was kindly posted for us.

http://www.zoover.com/costa-europa/cruise-ship/photos

You asked about the 3 bedded cabin on the other thread started by Jim.

There is a picture in the bottom middle on page one of the pics of a 3 bed outside.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn,

I did see those pictures, but wondered if that was what Thomson are calling a 'deluxe' as those come with a sofa bed. The brochure states that outside plus cabins come with 'pullman' berths?? I guess I was expecting a high up type pullman, what do you think - it would be great if the 3rd bed was in that position & low down - the other beds could still be in a double configuration & the children shouldn't have any trouble getting out in the night to use the bathroom. I have been having nightmares about them tumbling out of upper pullman style berths!

Jo

Hi Berwyn,

I did see those pictures, but wondered if that was what Thomson are calling a 'deluxe' as those come with a sofa bed. The brochure states that outside plus cabins come with 'pullman' berths?? I guess I was expecting a high up type pullman, what do you think - it would be great if the 3rd bed was in that position & low down - the other beds could still be in a double configuration & the children shouldn't have any trouble getting out in the night to use the bathroom. I have been having nightmares about them tumbling out of upper pullman style berths!

Jo

Jo..what do you mean by "pullman berths"?I have an outside plus and its a double/queen bed

Jo..what do you mean by "pullman berths"?I have an outside plus and its a double/queen bed

We are a party of 6, so needed 2 x 3 berth cabins. There are 3 berth outside plus cabins that in addition to the twin or double configuration also have an additional 'pullman' style berth for the 3rd person, I believe there are also 4 berth ones too, with 2 additional 'pullman' style berths. I had always envisaged these as pull down style beds similar to those on sleeper trains, hence the term pullman. We couldn't justify the extra to upgrade to a deluxe cabin than comes with a sofa bed for a 3rd person, so if the picture Berwyn mentioned does show the 3rd bed then I would be very pleased :) You need not worry unless you wanted to utilise a 3rd berth. Hope that makes sense?

Hi All,

Found a web site with a few different pictures of the Europa and if you go to bottom of page you can see pictures of the cabins on different decks.

http://www.royal-olympic-cruises.com/cruise-ships/Costa-Cruises/Costa-Europa.asp

Sue

Nice one Sue

We are a party of 6, so needed 2 x 3 berth cabins. There are 3 berth outside plus cabins that in addition to the twin or double configuration also have an additional 'pullman' style berth for the 3rd person, I believe there are also 4 berth ones too, with 2 additional 'pullman' style berths. I had always envisaged these as pull down style beds similar to those on sleeper trains, hence the term pullman. We couldn't justify the extra to upgrade to a deluxe cabin than comes with a sofa bed for a 3rd person, so if the picture Berwyn mentioned does show the 3rd bed then I would be very pleased :) You need not worry unless you wanted to utilise a 3rd berth. Hope that makes sense?

Thanks jojo,understand

There is 3 of us going in April so I will let you know

Archived