Book Legend Now for feb 2011 or wait yet??

thesawch

Should I book the legend now for Feb 2011 or wait awhile closer to summer or spring as prices may fall..I am not at all fussy about booking a exact room but more interested in price for now.Thanks

It was a nice cruise....

Tampa is the best embark I have ever had...

Prices tend to go up this time of year, when everyone is booking cruises. They have "deals" which arent much of a deal.

If you book early saver rate and the rate goes down, at least you are protected and can get the new lower rate, but you are locked into a date with a nonrefundable deposit.

I would book now ( if your happy with the price) but not under the Early Saver rate. You are way out and can cancel if need be for awhile and would pay no penalty. If you book ES you will lose $$ if you have to cancel, change a name ect.. You will still get all the price drops along the way up until final payment. I believe the ES rate drops off at 5 months(?) out for a 7 day cruise, so a little before that I would switch to the ES rate. Then you can get the drops after final payment and you are pretty sure at that point you are going.

Anyway thats what I do..;)

I would book now ( if your happy with the price) but not under the Early Saver rate. You are way out and can cancel if need be for awhile and would pay no penalty. If you book ES you will lose $$ if you have to cancel, change a name ect.. You will still get all the price drops along the way up until final payment. I believe the ES rate drops off at 5 months(?) out for a 7 day cruise, so a little before that I would switch to the ES rate. Then you can get the drops after final payment and you are pretty sure at that point you are going.

Anyway thats what I do..;)

That's what I did too...best 2 cents worth I ever heard...your right it drops at 5 mths..

I booked Early Saver for Feb 2011 several months ago. The price went up last weekend by $30/person. Hopefully there are some drops over the next 12 months! We booked ES because our dates are in stone (as are all of our vacations!) - the only way we won't be going is due to an emergency, which I couldn't predict even if I booked 6 weeks out, and we'll have insurance if something terrible did happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived