Celebration info needed march 2005

kathy2323

everything! was the ride smooth or did the ship rock alot. Did u do any exscursions?

Is there anything for a 13 year old girl to do(my daughter) how was the food. Did you take soft drinks on board? how many? How difficult is it to go to the beach in the bahamas?

....Yes, the ship rocked a little. I am told that the trip up Florida from Miami to Jacksonville stays a little rough because of the currents. Not terrible, but you do feel it.

Smooth as silk down around the Bahamas and Key West.

I thought the food was pretty good in the dining room, not quite as good in the Buffet area.

13 year old....I would think would have a lot to do. There was a lot scheduled for the teens. That said, there were not a lot of teens or kids of any age on our sailing, so its hard to say for sure.

Did take soft drinks on board, a six-pack of 20 ounce bottles. Saw people carrying boxes of wine, so they were being very liberal about what you could carry on.

As for the beach in the Bahamas. NOt sure if you are on the 4 night or 5, but on the 5, you have plenty of time in Nassau. We did not do any excursions or go to the beach, but plenty did with no problem.

What else?

What about the different dining rooms?? I've "requested" 2nd early seating so . . . by what I've been able to figure out . . . we'll be in the Vista room. How does that compare to the Hornizon. The only reviews I've found have talked about that one. Is it better for service . . . scenery????

What kind of activities did you see for the teens (my DD will be 14 when we go)?

THANKS!!

Kim

Just got off the ship today. Lido food was basically pretty bad because it was hit or miss if it was hot. Breakfast there was tasteless as far as scrambled eggs, french toast mushy. Omelets good. Over 100 kids onboard this cruise. No problems with them. They were great. Large gospel group and they brought a lot of kids. The boat was really rocking the first two nights. People got sick and it affected the shows. Expect long lines, loud music on the lido and glum european workers on the lido. In the dining room the formal night meal of lobster tail and prime rib was very good. Major problem with the lido deck was the layout of how and where foods such as hamburgers were served. We got hamburgers that were reheated and would not even melt cheese. If you hit the pizza counter at the right time you got hot pizza, otherwise it was from under the heat lamp. Enjoyed our previous Carnival cruise and were surprised at the lack of quality throughout this cruise.

Jim

..I know they had thier own karaoke times, disco times, Had volleyball games, thier own private times on the topless deck (OK, just seeing if you were paying attention), trivia games.

I'm pretty sure there was an ice cream buffet just for camp carnival. Really, a lot of the same stuff as adults, only just for them.

..I know they had thier own karaoke times, disco times, Had volleyball games, thier own private times on the topless deck (OK, just seeing if you were paying attention), trivia games.

I'm pretty sure there was an ice cream buffet just for camp carnival. Really, a lot of the same stuff as adults, only just for them.

I WAS paying attention . . . lol!!!!!

By any chance do you have the Capers . . . I'd LOVE to see a copy of theteen activities!!

Kim

...what do you need to know?

CruisingDawg,

What about the suites and the Skippers Club in Jacksonville??

I have an opportunity to upgrade from 6C OV to Penthouse suite and just wondering if it is worth the additional $750 (total amount).

I've found out that the sq footage is almost TWICE the size then add on the balcony and full-zise bathroom but . . . what about priority embarkation and expanded room service etc??

Kim

...I would put almost no value in the balcony. They are almost all obstructed, and very small.

Having the larger bathroom would be a definite plus.

The dining rooms are almost identical. If I had to give any advantage, I would give it to the Horizon for one reason only. It is easier to get to. Plus, the main entrance is right next to the Piano Bar.

The quickest way for disembarking is to carry your own bags. WOuld have saved us 2 hours.

Can anyone tell me if a sushi bar is available on this ship? Was reading a review on Celebration and saw something about sushi. My understanding was that sushi was only on 7 day or more cruises. Anyone know?

Nope, no sushi. There are no specialty restaurants. Just the dining rooms, buffet, hamburgers and pizza. I was on a seven day on the Celebration.

...not really in a restaurant setting, but they serve it out of the Trolley. At least they did in October.

Yep, they were serving it daily from the Trolley when we were aboard last March. Seems like it was around 4-6:00 that it was served??? We had early dining in the Horizon dining room and I remember seeing people at the Trolley getting sushi before we went to dinner. True, it is not a restaurant---you get some and go sit at the lounge/bar areas or window seats nearby (if I remember correctly!) As far as the dining rooms, don't know that there would be much difference between the 2. We had just the best servers on this ship!!! But the ship did really "rock"---very noticeable in the dining room each evening. If fact, I'm the one who has posted on here about the 18 year old guy at our table of 10 that threw up in his lobster plate on formal night!!!! :D Felt SOOOOO bad for the kid. Once he got going on the bonine, he was much improved for the rest of the trip. And the servers really encouraged him to eat apples!!! :)

Yep, they were serving it daily from the Trolley when we were aboard last March. Seems like it was around 4-6:00 that it was served??? We had early dining in the Horizon dining room and I remember seeing people at the Trolley getting sushi before we went to dinner. True, it is not a restaurant---you get some and go sit at the lounge/bar areas or window seats nearby (if I remember correctly!) As far as the dining rooms, don't know that there would be much difference between the 2. We had just the best servers on this ship!!! But the ship did really "rock"---very noticeable in the dining room each evening. If fact, I'm the one who has posted on here about the 18 year old guy at our table of 10 that threw up in his lobster plate on formal night!!!! :D Felt SOOOOO bad for the kid. Once he got going on the bonine, he was much improved for the rest of the trip. And the servers really encouraged him to eat apples!!! :)

I guess my input is out of date. I sailed on the Celebration in June 2000. They did nothing with the trolley until the midnight buffet (which I never went to).

It sounds like alot of people who cruise are - how do you say? - more financially blessed than us. I was just wondering if us Carolina "rednecks" will have a good time. I mean we have all our own teeth and don't drink out of jugs or anything but this will be a big expense for us and I just wondered what kind of people are on these cruises.

It sounds like alot of people who cruise are - how do you say? - more financially blessed than us. I was just wondering if us Carolina "rednecks" will have a good time. I mean we have all our own teeth and don't drink out of jugs or anything but this will be a big expense for us and I just wondered what kind of people are on these cruises.

OH MY GOODNESS,

YES YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME..

THERE IS ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE ON THE SHIP..

EVERYONE IS TREATED THE SAME,IT DOESN'T

MATTER HOW FINANCIALLY BLESSED YOU ARE

OR ARE NOT.....

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A DOCTOR,

LAWYER,TRASH MAN,COOK NURSE, TEACHER,

WALMART OR K-MART WORKER ECT:::::

YOU ARE ON VACTION HAVE FUN......

DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY.....

HAPPY CRUISING............

BARBARA

That remark about having all your teeth....I busted out laughing. I am a NC redneck also. This will be my 4th cruise and I am a very proud wal-mart worker. I can rub elbows with the best and slum with the rest. Don't worry..you will have a great time. I know I will. I will be on the Celebration April 23rd and I can't hardly wait.

Sushi out of the Trolley Bar about 5:30 to 6:30 each evening. Vista room food is cooked in the same kitchen as the Horizon room, same kinds of service. Skipper club in Jacksonville, just ask as you exit the security check with the first Carnival person. NIce room to sit on sofas and chairs. Suites on the ship, 1,2,3,4 are not obstructed, we were in v3, great view. No extra perks other than a very deep jacuzzi tub. Large cabin, but several problems with ours. Worst one, walk-in closet door kept slamming open and closed, no way to latch it so we tied it open with our laundry bag. We would do a suite again on another ship but not the Celebration. We sailed on 1/15 and it rocked so bad some of the shows were affected by the motion.

Jim

Kathy

You will find people from all walks of life. Down home folks to hoti toti. You will see tux's and you will see cutoffs. Thats the good thing about these cruises - they are for everyone and whether you have a good time or not depends almost entirely on you. Have fun and don't even think about whether you brought 2 or 3 grand to blow. Its not necessary to have a good time.

GR

Hi, I'm a first time cruiser and we went for the less expensive rooms on the Riviera deck an interior state room.. figuring we won't be in our room much except to sleep, but I'm the type who needs at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep or I'm a bear. I plan on taking ear plugs. My question is Im in the middle of the boat is there a good chance I will get rolled out of my bed (of course I would find it funny) but just curious.

My 12 year old son wants to know if they have play station in the rooms?

Leaving on the Celebration 5/2 any one else going?

Archived